cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive emails

sez21
Joining in

Hi

I have been unable to send or receive emails from my blueyonder account since 11/09/21. I am currently still receiving mail in my spam/junk. This issue is on both my phone and using my laptop. I have tried calling customer services but have not been able to speak to a person and there is not an option for issues for email. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail and check ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules for any unexpected rules; should there be any then following the advice here,  My Virgin Media account has been hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your suggestion however I have already tried this and there are no rules/filters, there is also nothing set up for the auto forward.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are:

• unable to send from webmail what error message is shown when sending?
  • able to send from webmail then if you send yourself an email is it received?

To help troubleshoot this issue further create a filter rule similar to the following:
_27-1634771206452.jpeg
FYI: the rule will match any email with a Subject, i.e all emails delivered to your Inbox, and save a copy to Temporary folder.

Send yourself a test email: (a) is it delivered to your Inbox folder; (b) is there a copy in Temporary folder?

If (a) is Yes and (b) is Yes then delivery is occurring as expected.
If (a) is No and (b) is Yes then an email client is removing delivereds email from your Inbox folder
if (a) is Yes and (b) is No then the filter rule create previously is not working correctly
if (a) is No and (b) is No then emails are not being delivered  or are but to your Spam folder

Should the second condition be true then consider following the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked

Okay

So I can send emails from my laptop to another email address (this is by logging on through virginmedia page, but using my mobile app it says that the email address I am sending to is invalid even though it is not. 

I have tried using the method you have suggested and the email was not received in my main email or the temporary folder. I have tried the information you put forward about being hacked by that has made no difference either.

Thank you for trying to help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sez21 wrote:

Okay

So I can send emails from my laptop to another email address (this is by logging on through virginmedia page, but using my mobile app it says that the email address I am sending to is invalid even though it is not. 

If you copy the invalid email address from the mail app, then sign into webmail and paste it to the To field of a new message does it produce the same invalid address error when sent?

I have tried using the method you have suggested and the email was not received in my main email or the temporary folder. I have tried the information you put forward about being hacked by that has made no difference either.

To be clear, in webmail an email sent to yourself is not delivered to your Inbox folder nor does a copy appear in Temporary folder. Is that correct?

Correct nothing comes through to the inbox or the temporary folder.

The email address copied from phone to web worked when send from web. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sez21 wrote:

The email address copied from phone to web worked when send from web. 

Consider raising this issue with the mobile app developer

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sez21 wrote:

Correct nothing comes through to the inbox or the temporary folder.

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.