cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive emails on my iphone

bigbob1
Joining in

Hi there

Since December 16 I’ve been unable to send or receive blue yonder emails on my iPhone but I can on my laptop. I get the message ‘Cannot get Mail. No password provided for blue yonder.co.uk’ when I log in on my iPhone.

I have changed the password but it hasn’t made any difference.

As it’s Christmas Eve I’m not expecting a quick response but any suggestions to rectify this problem  would be gratefully received after the holiday.

Compliments of the season.

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @bigbob1, and I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

In relation to the E-Mail issue, can you please confirm if you're using a browser or an application to support your E-Mail needs on the iPhone?

Are you an active Virgin Media subscriber?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

Many thanks for your quick response. In answer to your questions.

I am a long standing subscriber to Virginmedia taking the broadband,telephone and TV service as well as having a virginmedia mobile.

However the iPhone on which I cannot receive blue yonder emails is supplied to me by a company that employ me from time to time. The emails come from an installed app.

Kind regards 

Bob

Anankha
Problem sorter

Is this via the in-built Mail app or a third party app? If in-built please download a third party app.
I suspect there’s a problem with the mail app as it’s also having problems with Yahoo email.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Thanks for that suggestion Anankha I’ve tried to install a few third party mail apps but always fail with the password.

I’m probably being a bit thick here but what password do you think they require. Apple,Virginmedia or something else?

Kind regards

Bob

For all Virginmedia accounts (NTL/Blueyonder/Virginmedia) email account it will require that account’s password.
If you log into webmail does the password work?
Just to check are you a current Virginmedia customer?

Best wishes,
Virginia.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia