cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails

Netty3
Tuning in

Yesterday I was unable to receive or send emails via my email app on my iPhone or iPad. Called VM who reset password. Receiving emails now, still unable to sen, message says cannot send mail the username or password is incorrect, assistance required please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Netty3 wrote:

Yesterday I was unable to receive or send emails via my email app on my iPhone or iPad. Called VM who reset password. Receiving emails now, still unable to sen, message says cannot send mail the username or password is incorrect, assistance required please 

Did you update the SMTP server password? if not try the following:

• select Settings > Mail > Accounts > account name > Account name
  • under Incoming Mail Server section, enter Password
  • under Outgoing Mail Server section, select SMTP server
  • select Primary Server
  • under Outgoing Mail Server section, enter Password
  • select Done, then < Account, and Done

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Netty3,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your Email.

I can see you have had help from our very helpful members, has this helped resolve your issue?

If not please let us know, so we can see how to help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All resolved now it was the second password on the email which required changing

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Netty3,

Thanks so much for getting back to us here to confirm this issue has now been resolved for you.
I hope you keep enjoying your services with no issues moving forward.

Have a great day 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs