cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails

jezzyby47
Joining in

Hi i am unable to send emails, can you fix this problem for me please.

12 REPLIES 12

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's happening when you try sending?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nothing, i get a message saying that i am on virgins abuse desk, whatever that is. My partner got hold of virgin last week and they wanted £60 to fix the problem so i've started using virgins email system which has not been changed since it was first built back in 2008? and i decided back then that it was a pile of crap, nothing has changed, it is still the same pile of crap but i can send emails from it. 

I am on win 7 and using live messenger to send emails, maybe that is the problem as win 7 is out of date now too.

Hi @jezzyby47,

Thank you for your post. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your email service. To clarify, you're using an email provided by us which is working fine via our webmail platform, but you're having issues when using it via a mail client - is that correct?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes zach, that is correct. What is the problem? What is virgins abuse desk and why am i on it? Could you take these messages away so i can send emails again please.

Hi jezzyby47,

Thanks for confirming, have you gone through the help here

Alex_Rm

Kenny66
Tuning in
Hi did you get it sorted?
I've had the same issue , along with lots of others as well.
Maybe we should get a refund from virgin as they are not giving us the full service that we are paying for

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't pay for email - it's provided gratis to all current customers.

You pay for brooadband, TV and phone line only.

@ModTeam 

Can you revisit this please?  Although the customer hasn't posted the full error message - the reference to the Virgin Media abuse desk would suggest to me that their IP address is on Virgin Media's new internal blackist so this looks as if it needs elevating to the securty team.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @Kenny66

We're sorry to hear that you're still unable to receive emails. 

I can see that my colleague has been assisting you over private message and if you could please reply to the last message we will then be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Dean C
Community Moderator 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dean_C 

Please don't forget the OP

Thanks

Tim