cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails via my iphone

Nitenurse
Tuning in

Can receive emails on my iphone 6 but when trying to send reply's etc I get error message: 

"The username or password for SMTP @SMTP.ntlworld.com is incorrect"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for the delay in replying Nitenurse, 

Has this been resolved since your post? 

If not then please pop me a personal message and we'll see what we can do. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

40 REPLIES 40

Anankha
Problem sorter

The correct server is smtp.virginmedia.com Port 465 SSL yes.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

I have put these settings in but still not able to send emails because 'wrong password' message despite trying every password I've ever used.

I need to speak to someone at Virgin who can sort this out...it's doing my head in!

Sorry for the delay in replying Nitenurse, 

Has this been resolved since your post? 

If not then please pop me a personal message and we'll see what we can do. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hooray, After intervention by Forum member Emma_C I can now send & receive emails on my iphone. Really pleased with all the help I received via this forum.

Hi I wonder if you could help me. My emails were sending no bother but intermittently will not send saying settings are incorrect. I have a virginmedia email and a ntlworld one and both have the same issue. The issue is on my iPad too. I’ve rechecked settings are all correct but can receive but not send 

Hello Angelbabes57

Sorry to hear this has happened

Can I please ask first if you are still an active customer with us 

Also can you get onto webmail vis this link 

Gareth_L

Hi yes I am an active customer of virgin. I have no problem getting on to webmail. The problem is on my iPad and iPhone. It’s happened previously but then corrected itself after a few days but I’ve bee able to send any emails for a few weeks now. I am able to receive emails but not send them

sheila

Hi Angelbabes57

Have you got this sorted since posting?

If not, click here and that should help 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Unfortunately my problems not been solved. The link you gave took me to instructions regarding spam emails. That’s  not my issue. I have both a virginmedia and a ntlworld email address. I use iphone and iPad and can receive mail but cannot send any.