cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails via Outlook with Error 0x800CCC0F

steve234
Tuning in

New PC setup.

Can receive emails in Outlook, but unable to send outgoing emails.

Able to send emails via webmail.

Same issue with two separate VM email accounts.

Have tried disabling antivirus firewall.Have also checked email settings.

Anyone have any advice on what to try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your interest and the swift response.

I have just managed to fix the issue by undertaking the repair process in the Email accounts settings. Not sure what was wrong, but it is fixed now.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@steve234 wrote:

New PC setup.

Can receive emails in Outlook, but unable to send outgoing emails.

Able to send emails via webmail.

Same issue with two separate VM email accounts.

Have tried disabling antivirus firewall.Have also checked email settings.

Anyone have any advice on what to try next?

Are you using the settings from below?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

I maybe have a dim recollection in the past of Outlook changing settings itself (to something different than I had set) depending on the sequence in which the settings were altered (maybe a port no. for outbound changing spontaneously or encryption being set to 'Auto' when it should be SSL/TLS or something along those lines). Also try increasing the server timeout setting.

Thanks for your interest and the swift response.

I have just managed to fix the issue by undertaking the repair process in the Email accounts settings. Not sure what was wrong, but it is fixed now.

Martin652
Joining in

Followed the instructions to set up my email account. I have a BT email address which I have had for 20+ years so there is no way I’m changing it. Still not able to send emails. It is something with the ISP set up and not my computer outlook set up because as soon as I switch off the Wi-Fi and send via the mobile network the emails go. It’s was the same with Vodafone broadband. Works fine for a week then it gets changed. Virgin please sort it out

Hi @Martin652,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of your email service issues. To clarify, your issues are with are with an email address provided by a third party, but it only has problems when sending it whilst connected to your home Virgin Media broadband?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

yes that’s correct. Outlook works on my phone and occasionally it won’t send but will receive when connected to the Wi-Fi. If I disconnect the Wi-Fi the messages send. The issue goes away after a few days I can then send emails via the Wi-Fi and it’s at that point I can send and receive emails using outlook on the computer.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Martin652 wrote: If I disconnect the Wi-Fi the messages send.   The issue goes away after a few days I can then send emails via the Wi-Fi

One possible cause for that behaviour is that the IP address of your VM home network sometimes gets onto a spam blocklist.

The next time you experience this behaviour check it out by doing the following:

• make sure you are connected the your VM home wifi network and confirm that you cannot send emails from Outlook
  • browse to https://whatismyipaddress.com/  and note or copy (Ctrl+C) the IPV4 address
  • then go to https://check.spamhaus.org/ and paste (Ctrl+P) or type your IP address in to the "Search single IP...." box and click "Lookup"

Your IP address may well be listed on the PBL (Policy Block List) in which case it will be flagged up as an advisory but that is to be expected and is not the reason you cannot send emails from your email client.

However, post back if Spamhaus reports that the IP address is listed on any other blocklists, such as Spamhaus' Exploits Block List (XBL) for example.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for getting back to us Martin652,

coenoby has offered some great advise, please let us know if this helps.

Alex_Rm