cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send email

MrTurnipHead81
Settling in

Hi, 

My wife who has been recently working from home had access to her work email account using Windows 10 Mail. However from late last week she has been unable to send emails.

I have tried so many different things to try to get it working but I am not stuck and was wondering if it's a ISP issue?

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -sv smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi MrTurnipHead81,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your Wife has been having issues with her work Email address recently, have you been able to try what was advised by 用心棒, does she now have access to her Emails?

Regards

Paul.