Unable to receive mail

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Please could someone advise why I cannot now receive emails please, thanks 

23 REPLIES 23

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst you still have access to the account it would be a good idea to save any important emails and contact data as this may indicate that the process to delete the account has begun.  As the email address isn't attached to a current VM broadband account it should already have been deleted but some slip through the net.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Thanks Graham, I was assured by a virgin media employee that when this happened previously my account would remain live and I wouldn’t have any issues in the future…!

@OrchardK I have just taken a read through of the thread when you reported this happening to you last September, you did then report that you were not a VM broadband customer and never had been. It looks then as if the forum team were able to restore access for you, but you really should have been warned that this was going to be a temporary one time only 'fix'.

I do fear that this time, the deletion is permanent, and the mailbox has gone. If the advice given to you by @Graham_A above does happen to work then, this really will be the last opportunity - you absolutely have to set up an email address with an alternative supplier and notify all of your contacts accordingly.

@OrchardK wrote:

Thanks Graham, I was assured by a virgin media employee that when this happened previously my account would remain live and I wouldn’t have any issues in the future…!

You were, alas, lied to!

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Thanks, but this represents another blow to my confidence in VM, I am now struggling to know what to do regarding regarding tax, medical and utilities, as I was feeling reassured that I would be fine from the previous issue onwards, and now somewhat bereft, so very disappointed by the lack of warning from VM, I hope someone might be able to help me….!

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Dear Virgin Media Team, Please can you reinstate my ability to receive email to my virgin.net account, thank you 

Hi @OrchardK,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your virgin.net email account.

If the mailbox concerned is not linked to an active broadband account, we can't make any promises! This should have been deleted but looks as though  it has slipped through the net given that you still had access. We can not guarantee you will be able to use it indefinitely. 

I'm going to pop you a PM to confirm some details and we can take it from there.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

OrchardK
On our wavelength

still unable to access my mails, and was told sorry thats it account closed, terrible service and so many things have been missed and unable to be attended too...

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @OrchardK,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing email issue. I can see that you spoke to my colleague via Private Messages back in July about the same problem.

I understand that you were advised that we have limited access to help resolve this issue. This is outlined in our T&C's. As the email is not a paid service, any further email addresses allocated by Virgin Media allocated to you will at all times belong to Virgin Media. 

We have previously advised that an alternative email address should be created that you can use your mailbox and contact necessary contacts.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It is so unfair to have your account suspended without warning especially after being reassured on a previous occasion when the same thing happened, that all would be fine and I would always have access to My Account, I have lost many important messages and contacts and I am still being impacted by your actions now…!!