cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive email from one sender

Beth1965
Tuning in

Hi. My pension provider Aegon has been trying to send me a link via email to reset my password. They have tried multiple times including from the advisors personal work email and also by getting me to email them (which worked instantly) and replying to my email. Nothing has worked. They are adamant it ‘must’ be a problem with my email which I will need to fix as they send 1000’s of emails daily without issue.  I am not IT proficient so have absolutely no idea where to start. I’ve checked my spam folder and tried accessing my email through the desktop site and still nothing. I have no issues receiving any other emails. Any help in as simple terms as possible, would be much appreciated. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simplest solution is to use an alternative email service where this issue does not occur, otherwise try the following options…

• in webmail go to ⚙ > E-mail > Filter Rules and confirm there are no unexpected filter rules listed
  • if Virgin Media are to investigate the issue then they will likely need to see the log details showing your pension provider's email server successfully interacting with Virgin Media's email server to transfer the missing emails; this will provide Virgin Media with a point of reference from where to begin investigating the issue

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Beth1965, thanks for posting on our help forum with this issue.

We're sorry to hear about this problem with receiving emails from a certain address recently, could you please update us on this since you last posted here on Thursday?

Has the issue been ongoing or did the advice from our helpful forum member above help fixing this?
Could you also please let us know if you're using our page here to access your mailbox directly on a browser or do you use any client software like outlook to access this?

Please, tell us the above and we're happy to assist further if you need us to.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the help but I’m getting nowhere. I’m not technically minded enough to grasp all the info and can’t even access the ‘filter’ suggested. I’ve tried accessing my email on an iPhone, kindle, android phone & webmail to no avail. The annoying part is the company concerned managed to send me a satisfaction survey without any difficulty but couldn’t send me a password reset link. It’s just another in a long line of issues which makes me think the problem is at their end not mine. I don’t have any blocked senders and they are unwilling to send it to an alternate email (gmail) so I can’t see how this can be resolved. Many thanks for trying

Thank you for that information. Did the company advise why they wouldn't try another email address?

^Martin

Hi

They claimed it was for security reasons and are insistent the problem is with my email not there’s. There is literally no way forward. I feel my only option now is to make an official complaint. 

regards

Liz

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would seem Aegon are being obtuse and effectively denying you access to your account with them.

Regrettably before you can raise a complaint with the regulators you must go through Aegon's complaints process however you can seek the regulator's advice beforehand:

I would highlight to the regulators:

• that without evidence Aegon have directed you to take the matter up with Virgin Media knowing full well it is unlikely to succeed due to the lack of information they have provided; were Aegon intention to help solve the issue they would at the very least have provide the SMTP log entries showing delivery of the email to Virgin Media
  • by not allowing a change of email address Aegon are denying you access to your account

Hi @Beth1965 thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear this, I can appreciate this is frustrating for you.

At this stage, there is nothing to suggest the fault is with your email service as all appears to be working correctly based on what we can see which does make this difficult to resolve.

I'd advise please persisting with trying to contact Aegon with your concerns and seeing if they will allow this to be trialled to an alternative address.

Many thanks

Tom_W