forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Gorgon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to move emails from folders

I accidentally moved an email into the trash folder. I found it immediately and clicked on "move" and tried to return it to the inbox. It has now disappeared completely. I then tried to move some unimportant emails from other folders back to the inbox and they have all gone as well. I am sure I used to be able to do this.

Are they all lost for ever?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to move emails from folders

Sign into webmail and:

• select > Settings▸ Email
  • scroll to bottom of page and select Change IMAP subscriptions
  • expand all folder and make sure they are selected (✓)
  • if any changes were made select Save
  • select  Email
  • search through all folder for missing emails; if they are not found then consider them unrecoverable

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to move emails from folders

When you use the Move function in webmail, it appears that you will be putting something in the Inbox - highlighted in red.  But the target folder is actually the last one you moved something to.  In this case Purchases, highlighted in grey.  If you have a lot of folders, the target folder can be below the visible screen.  I hope this is what happened for you - have a look in the target folder!

I had to take a photo, as choosing the screen snip tool made the red line go away.

IMG_0067[1].JPG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks