cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to email account on PC, mobile, webmail server or tablet

PoddyLu58
Joining in

Hi,Since yesterday I can not send/receive for my main email account [I have more than one, others are fine]. I was replying to an email sent to me for the 4-5th time when it stopped working [on PC] telling me the password was incorrect (no changes had been made to password or the connection). I checked the settings & all was correct so I tried on my mobile phone & tablet same response on the main email account.

I decided to try and log in direct to the webmail server and was presented with a message that my "mailbox is not available at the moment and to try again after an hour and to make sure I was using the correct password".  I can confirm the password is correct.  Can anyone help me get my email account working again please?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

PoddyLu58
Joining in
Note I have a VM broadband account, its just my main email account. I can log into virgin email but not the email service.

Sorted...

I have the same problem, did it magicaly sort itself out?

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PoddyLu58,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I am sorry to hear you've been unable to access your email account for a few days. From the error message you're receiving when attempting to sign into your webmail, it sounds like your account may be locked. Can you please confirm that your email address is attached to an active broadband subscription with us?

I understand that you are confident that your password is correct, but can you please reset your password and wait 30 minutes before trying to sign back in again? This should allow you to get back in

Let me know how you get on

Beth

Apologies to all for delay in responding I was abroad!

In response to those wrote on my post: Sadly no it didn't resolve itself magically.  The password situation occurred after I had sent a known individual 3-4 replies to a questions about VPN services, the very last response I received had a hyperlink in it!  I suspected Virgin mail service do a quick scan on emails to eliminate bogus junk.  Even though I entered my legitimate email password (via PC, table or mobile phone) it would accept momentarily on one device but then start playing up on the other and I was going around in circles. Following a day of frustration at having to login in to the webmail server to get my emails I chose to heed to the warnings advice and change my password.  After this the problem went away...until the next time.  I appreciate that the scan service is trying to do me a favor by checking, just wish there was an easier way to confirm the account was in fact OK.

Hi PoddyLu58,

Thank you for coming back to us, I will make sure this is fed back, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

How do I change my password if the system doesn't recognise me?

Hey Leigh46,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with email account, are you able to login to 'My Virgin Media' via the app or website?

If not, have you tried the forgotten password link? This should be able to get you back into your email account, once the password has been reset.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L