cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to Virgin Media account to collect emails.

sl21
Joining in

Good morning, a friend of mine has asked me to look at why she cannot connect to VM webmail. As the machine is with me for unrelated work I have signed her up to the forum in the hope someone can help.

It started with having signed into her account it would not connect when asked to pick up emails. She contacted the help line and they told her that everything looked OK at VM's end it was probably Chrome that was the problem, try another browser. It would not work in MS Edge either.

Having a look at similar problems on this forum, one suggestion was to change the password, but we could not get to her account details.

I tried to login to her account this morning but it would not give us access.

The email works on her iPad.

The email is an old ntl one that has worked for years on webmail. 

Any ideas anyone?

T

4 REPLIES 4

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Are they still a Virginmedia customer, if not then that could be why the webmail isn't working as when a customer leaves there is a 90 days grace period to access emails and after that what could be happening is the delete process has started as webmail will be the first to go. Sometimes orphaned email addresses can hang around for years before the system detects it is an orphan and then starts the removal process.

To be able to use a Virginmedia, NTLWorld, Blueyonder etc account the customer must have a Virginmedia Broadband account as per the T&C's

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oops, rather belatedly, bearing in mind that it all worked on an iPad, I thought would it work on my Windows PC?

I tried it and it did, so it had to be this PC. I emptied the cache in the Chrome browser and we can now access her account and emails.

Should have given it a bit more thought before posting.

T

Hi Mike,

Yes she is a VM broadband customer, she has just renewrd her contract.

T

Hi there @sl21

Thank you so much for posting on behalf of your friend and welcome to the forums, it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear your friend was experiencing this issue and thank you for updating us, can I just check, is the issue now resolved? 

Thanks again