cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to NTL World Email account?

mwhenshaw
Tuning in

I have not been able to login to my NTLWORLD email since Saturday 23rd October 2021 at 12:11 (that was the date my last received email).

I have contacted support with ticket number PO10857831 several days ago.

The error message says user name or password is incorrect.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Kind regards

Mark

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@mwhenshaw

Log in to your main Virginmedia account, and find the email listing. Change the email password, and wait for an hour before trying the email again.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for your response.

Sadly I've not had a Virginmedia account since 2019 so cant do that.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Then you will have realised by now that your email address has been lost.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement 😀

However all is not in fact lost - helpful lady required my telephone access password for when I used to have the Virginmedia account, which enabled her to unlock my email account and reset password.

Super!!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mwhenshaw wrote:

Thanks for the words of encouragement 😀

However all is not in fact lost - helpful lady required my telephone access password for when I used to have the Virginmedia account, which enabled her to unlock my email account and reset password.

Super!!

@mwhenshaw  You have been very lucky to regain access.  However, you should take immediate steps to backup all the emails and contact information held on the account to an offline storage area.

You should also set up a new email address from a provider that isn't linked to your broadband account.

Your old Ntlworld email address is liable to be permanently deleted without notice at any time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All covered thanks.