cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log on

JKB1
Joining in

After 20 years using Virgin mail nearly every day on the 25th June this year I was unable to log on. Suggested I reset my password that link said ops there is a problem. Hence no progress. Send complaint to complaints no answer. Called the suggested number that takes you to India and they said they would not help even though we have a NTL email and internet etc at one of our homes.

How do I access my emails?

10 REPLIES 10

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is your email address actually linked to your current Virginmedia broadband account? Log in to your account to check. If not it may have been closed. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

No it is not linked to a broadband account for that is linked  to my partners NTL account.My email address I used in the morning went out and could not log on again when I got back.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If your own email is not linked to a broadband account it will have been closed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sorry that makes no sense you do not have an account for 20 years and in the morning it works and midday the same day it does not. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Well that will always happen on the day it is closed, whatever day that happens to be.  I'm only telling you what Virginmedia's policy is. If you don't use their broadband, you can't use their email. 

You might be lucky to get a staff member pick this up and help recover it, but since VM have stopped issuing email addresses now they may not be too keen to keep orphan accounts open. 

- jpeg1

Many thanks for your reply and help. Surely my partner and I have another property with Virgin media broadband and a NTL email is used for,it having a policy to just rubbish people who use there services. Surely they should give you notification and a chance to move ones emails.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It has been said many times that notice was given long ago, as shown in that link above. Where VM went wrong was in failing to shut down the emails at that time in accordance with their own policy. Instead they let it drift. It's only recently when the VM policy was changed to not wanting to provide email at all that they started to tidy up the orphan email accounts. 

Like I said, it's possible that your email is still temporarily retrievable, but that would need staff help.

I'd advise your family to move their other email account away from VM while they still have access. 

- jpeg1

Once again many thanks for all your help. Where do you go to make contact at VM they seem to be a bit of a ghost organisation.

John

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM positively discourage people from contacting them, as you will find if you try getting help on their 'help' line.  Your only hope is that a staff member might pick this thread up and offer to help you. It's been done for others in your exact position, but the forum staff have limited powers and are under their own instructions. 

- jpeg1