Menu
ireneseeker
On our wavelength
Message 61 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

Hi

Once again I am unable to log into my email.  The same thing happened a few weeks ago. Help

0 Kudos
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly I can log into webmail and my account. No change of password, just a few frustrating hours and yes ther ewas a legit email in thespam folder.

And all of a sudden the service status is updated (from a tv only issue this morning):

If you think you've experienced a loss of service, please register it as you may be eligible for bill credit if your service isn't restored within two full working days following your registration. Visit our Help Page for more information on this.
Make sure your contact details are up to date, so that we can keep you in the loop.
WEB ONLY - Customers are unable to log into MYVM.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Could this be due to a burst water main under the fibre ducts outside?

Why not just post the truth instead of saying I need to change my password?

0 Kudos
CurtisVM
Tuning in
Message 63 of 251
Flag for a moderator

OK, I'll answer my own query having tried a few things for Chrome/ChromeOS:

Removed all cookies, then re-signed back in and webmail works again.

brenchie
Joining in
Message 64 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I seem to be locked out of my email. Changed password but still cannoty access. Getting the mailbox unavailable message.

Thansk

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi,

You may currently be seeing a “mailbox is not available” message when logging into webmail. 

If you’re affected, please reply below so we can restore access. You must change your password to something unique once access is restored, or the mailbox may be locked again. To improve the security of your online accounts we recommend that you follow a few key steps when creating passwords for anything you access online, which can be found here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-create-a-strong-password 

Access was locked to the mailbox due to suspicious activity, which suggests the mailbox was compromised. 

You can find more information about why we lock mailboxes here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-temporarily-locked

ModTeam

0 Kudos
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mod team

My being locked out was nothing to do with security, just good old VM having a bad day. Service was restored WITHOUT changing passwords, so it can't have been any of the suggested reasons.

0 Kudos
mickyg10
Settling in
Message 66 of 251
Flag for a moderator

my email [MOD EDIT: Removed]@hotmail.com at virgin media will not let me log in its been 2 weeks. can anyone help.

0 Kudos
gettingpeedoff
Tuning in
Message 67 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Like many on this thread i have been without my email for about a month now. I'm an account holder; tv, phone and broadband and have been since before Virginmedia took over. While i do have gmail, my blueyonder.co.uk address is my primary address. I've been following the thread, trying the various solutions that helpful souls have put forward, but to no avail. I have tried the helpline and found it about as useful as everyone else; assurances that it will be resolved within 24 to 48 hours; my account must have been hacked and used for spam so has been blocked, change my password and try again tomorrow. Cookies have been deleted and password changed. I cannot access my account from my laptop using either firefox or chrome browsers; my work desktop on multiple computers, using internet explorer and chrome; my brothers chromebook and his laptop nor from my phone using Bluemail app. I have tried adding my blueyonder account to the gmail app on my phone but it will not connect either, due to security settings, it says. Every time I try to log in from a browser i get the following message:-

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I have tried again an hour later, using the correct password and even changing the password, and get the same message for a month now.

I have now joined this forum, only so that i have now replied to the sticky post and my problem has been aired. I do not hold out much hope of anything coming of this as i have had to use my gmail account to register as my VM address strangely does not work so no finding my account from my registered email address.

I will now start the long, drawn out process of contacting banks, gas and electric companies, council and government sites, ebay and paypal and myriad other service providers to let them all know that I need to change my email address because Virgin cannot supply. I have to change my email provider to a free one because company I pay to provide one, cannot. And it has been mentioned in a previous post by one of the helpful souls that a VM email is provided free but honestly, if I am paying £94 per month then I have already damn well paid for that email address.

A month. You could have ported the entire national server in a month. There should not be a problem that takes a company this size a month to put right. I kept thinking 'it'll be right in an hour' or 'they'll have it sorted by tomorrow'. 'They said it will be fixed in 24 to 48 hours'. I may still hope, but in the meantime I'll be changing everything to my gmail.

Good luck to you all.

Nicotene
On our wavelength
Message 68 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the message. What do I do now?

It's back.

0 Kudos
Dsetters72-gmai
Joining in
Message 69 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Email address is [REMOVED]

Please reactivate

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 70 of 251
Flag for a moderator

@Dsetters72-gmai wrote:

Email address is [REMOVED]

Please reactivate

I've had to flag this post for one of the mods to edit, (I think it's  too late for you to do this now) because you've put your full email address in for the world and his wife to see and spam you!

In the meantime, quick question, are you still a VM broadband customer?

0 Kudos