Menu
Soomster67
Settling in
Message 51 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

I cannot log into my virginmedia email account and haven't been able to for 4 weeks now. Can you please assist?

0 Kudos
Techfreak
Tuning in
Message 52 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for fixing my problem.

I was on the phone to Virgin for over a month and you guys fixed it in one day !

Can't thank you enough !

Might be worth making a direct link on the home page to help out others as this thread will slowly disappear.

Thanks Again !!

Regards !

Superuser
Superuser
Message 53 of 251
Flag for a moderator

@Techfreak 

There's no fear of it vanishing any time soon as Virgin have made the thread into a sticky thread.  So it will always remain on the first page.

Thanks for the update as well, glad to hear you're up and running again.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
EmailUser
Joining in
Message 54 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I'm similar to veryolduser (Message 50): I've been with VM for almost 10 years and have always used Outlook for Mac as my mail client (IMAP). A few weeks ago I stopped being able to send e-mails although I could still receive them. So I started using webmail to connect. Today I can't log in as my details aren't recognised. They are the same e-mail address and password that is successfully receiving e-mail in Outlook; and also on my phone.

Yes, I could change my password but if I can't even log into my account, how can I change my password? And if that doesn't work, then what was the point? (all hypothetical questions!).

You are right to say we shouldn't rely on VMail and I don't as I still have Gmail and Hotmail accounts I use; but on the other hand why should a large communications company offer a service that is unreliable?

I've suffered at the hands of the helpdesk like most, if not all, VirginMedia customers and I've found that the solution is to demand to speak to the Account Closure team, they are very helpful and usually get my problem solved effectively. In fact I once had to listen to a very rude and condescending Helpdesk agent, so rude that I commented to the "Account Closure" agent about it and he agreed as the Helpdesk agent was just as condescending in the call handover. So Virgin Media have a major problem with their customer support, and they are fully aware of it. But I presume it saves money to keep Support outsourced to India while telling customers that we are getting the "best customer service possible" when we are obviously not.

There have been many times I have felt like leaving Virgin Media based on the quality of their service but I also know their broadband connection is significantly better to my address than any of the competition. For me the most important criteria is value not price, so its worth staying with VirginMedia for their quality of connection but boy, when it goes wrong it is incredibly frustrating!

Anyway, I feel much better already for getting that off my chest and onto my keyboard.

If anyone has any hints as to why my SMTP isn't working in Outlook for Mac, and my correct logins aren't working in webmail I'd be very grateful. Otherwise I suppose I will have to ring the Helpdesk and threaten to close my account so that I can speak to someone helpful...

Thanks for reading, this was therapeutic.

EmailUser
Joining in
Message 55 of 251
Flag for a moderator

To reply to myself, I've now changed my password and Outlook smtp works perfectly.

Of course, I'm still unable to log into Virgin Media's webmail. That would be too easy, wouldn't it!

Still, I'm grateful for not having to rely on webmail.

0 Kudos
sttdci
Tuning in
Message 56 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Slighty different issue to the prior post - outlook smtp still working on the old password but still unable to login to webmail (or my account) even after the helpdesk changed my password

0 Kudos
JohnBoy1914
Joining in
Message 57 of 251
Flag for a moderator

After being unable to access my VM email for over a month, I am pleased to say that my issue has finally been resolved, so I am posting this for anyone else who may find themselves in my position ie. unable to register on this forum/no Virgin landline etc.

I'd had no luck with all the recommended "fixes" including online chat, sms and various phone calls with actual human beings, but was always told that VM was aware of the problem and it would be fixed in 72 hours. I then found this thread, but was unable to post because I needed access to my email account to verify my registration.

Basically, I just kept filing an official complaint through the 'make a complaint' tab on my Virgin Media webpage. I also tried the 'I want to close my account' tactic, to which I was given the usual pillar to post/round in circles fob-off...until I told them that I would just cancel my Direct Debit with my bank. I also told them in my complaint that as I do not have a Virgin landline, I would under no circumstances be phoning them again from a non Virgin mobile at such extortionate rates. Two days later I received a call from VM assuring me that my email would be fixed in 72 hours (incidentally, they also fixed a different issue and gave me £20.00 credit), but a week later after receiving various automated text messages assuring me that my issue had been fixed I was still unable to access my email, so I filed another complaint and in the field where it asks you what you would like VM to do about the problem, I put "STOP LYING TO ME AND FIX MY EMAIL!!! (in all caps.) Lo and behold, I received a phone call from VM today and after spending about half an hour being transferred to various different departments I got to speak to a technician who simply asked me what error message I was getting when I tried to sign in. I informed him that it was the 'mailbox is currently unavailable' error and quite literally in the time it took me to run upstairs to my PC, he had fixed it.

I had just about run out of options and I had tried various other ways to access my email, but it looks as if my constant badgering eventually paid off...it took me four weeks, but when I eventually got speaking to the right person, it was literally fixed in seconds

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 58 of 251
Flag for a moderator

A note for any readers (who have gotten this far into this thread) and want to join the VM Community Forum.

There is no requirement to have a Virgin Media email address.  You can join with any email address.  This is a public forum for anyone interested in the issues discussed.  Anyone can read it, and anyone can join to make comments.  Please join if you have a problem or can assist with a solution, or a relevant comment.

To JohnBoy1914 - I am glad your issue is sorted and sorry it took so long.  If you need any assistance in the future, please come straight here.  The community is happy to help!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
CurtisVM
Tuning in
Message 59 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with accessing email via Chrome Browser/ChromeOS?  I've been unable to log in for over 2 days. Have tried accessing from the homepage and get

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Thought it was a general problem, but just tried via IE/Edge and works OK.  Also, SMTP email works OK.

0 Kudos
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 251
Flag for a moderator

The issue is web mail. I can receive and send emails using imap (phone) and POP3 (Outlook), but I can not log into web mail using any desktop browser or mobile browser. Why do I need to do this? Because the crummy spam servers seem to decide which day of the week to blacklist regular senders and VM never got round to being able to synchronise folders over POP3 (unlike when hosted by gmail). So why do I need to change my password as that won't change anything if the existig password is accepted.?

By the way my wife has exactly the same VM wemail login issues, whereas her imap and POP3 access works fine.

0 Kudos