Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 41 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

@Kev_B

We need to do something to improve the clarity of the advice to PM the Mod Team in cases where this message is received. The current most visible advice is to post in this thread. I know this is useful for seeing the scale of the issue, but it also leads to confusion and an inability to see the wood for the trees.

A straightforward sticky post from the Mod Team with this advice would seem to be an easy way to achieve greater clarity and we could just refer posters to this.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 42 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @HowardML 

I neglected to add that our moderators are also tracking members posting in this thread and reaching out via PM, to ensure we don't miss anybody.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Superuser
Superuser
Message 43 of 251
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B 

Excellent news. I dealt with one particularly irate poster yesterday which I hope the Mods will pick up on quickly - see my post 34.  

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Techfreak
Tuning in
Message 44 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I've not been able to login to my Virgin blueyonder email for over a month now.

I get the same message as everyone else 'Mailbox is unavailable'.

I too keep phoning Virgin and get the same response. They trying to fix it.

Has anyone else had any progress with this ?....or help on how to fix this ?

Regards.

Techfreak
Tuning in
Message 45 of 251
Flag for a moderator

MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 46 of 251
Flag for a moderator

@Techfreak wrote:

MSE link to complaints...

In general, I approve of MSE, but that article does not give any links to this forum where the superusers and VM staff have been working hard to assist customers.  It doesn't give any clues who to contact after trying the basic actions a user can take themselves.  Perhaps MSE should update it?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Safetykit5
Joining in
Message 47 of 251
Flag for a moderator

My email address has been locked out for over a month and I have called to get it unlocked more times than I can remember.  every time they reset it they tell me to wait 24 hours and try with the new password but this never works and \I just get locked out again.  I have spent months waiting for your answer the phone and when you do I get the same old story.  I was delighted to see that its not just me but what on earth is the answer? 

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi Safetykit5,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you have been having issues with accessing your email address. 

Can you confirm if you are trying to access your emails through webmail (our website) or through an email client (outlook etc)

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
liz19
Joining in
Message 49 of 251
Flag for a moderator

My email is [Removed] I have been getting mailbox unavailable for 2 weeks.
liz19

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I have VM fibre broadband and I can access my virgin.net emails on a computer using Outlook (POP3) and mobile phone (IMAP) but can't log into either email or VM using a browser (not recognised details). I've cleared cache and cookies to no avail. I'm not going to try to reset my password because that means updating every device I have. Obviously VM make no comment about this often happening situation.

0 Kudos