Menu
parkerg
Joining in
Message 21 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

Hi -

I'm another of those who have not been able to log into e mail account account since 13/6 - calls to vm just get same response each time that I have to wait another 48 hours 0 My password was changed by customerservices - but that didn't work - I've tried to change my password myself but still no success - I cant't access my emails via vm website either as I get a web page error message -

How do I get this fixed - I'm getting totally fed up of the lack of service 

0 Kudos
gavprimo
Joining in
Message 22 of 251
Flag for a moderator

We have alos been having this problem, virgin webmail last synced on 17th June, constantly told by helpline that its either an ongoing major fault or disruption and to try again in an hour or 24 hours depending on who you speak to.

really frustrated and worried about missing emails, its also the email address that is linked to our virgin media account so also missing anything that might be coming from virgin

this followed a month after our inbox was mysteriously totally emptied.

we are taking advice of others and setting up a new joint email account in addition to our own individual ones, but would like something to be done so that we at least know what's happening, the cause etc

thanks

Andysharon1
Tuning in
Message 23 of 251
Flag for a moderator

been Locked out for over 3 weeks now i change my password 4 time and cleaned cookies  , i have  called 4 time been intouch throught twitter and yet still no help

i am getting the message  your account is not available

can some one help   

0 Kudos
Solarwind
Dialled in
Message 24 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Same here.  

No POP / SMTP  blueyonder email and no webmail. 

"Mailbox unavailable" for nearly 3 weeks.

Logged complaints and called and got a ticket ref: P009400848.

Have since opened a Protonmail account.  Feel I had no choice.  Can't see this getting fixed anytime soon. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
chimpanzee
Tuning in
Message 25 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. Called the helpdesk twice and password reset 3 times but still no access to webmail or from any devices.

Please unlock my mailbox.

0 Kudos
Lilacbreeze
Tuning in
Message 26 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I ALWAYS use webmail to access my emails. I have the old ntlworld.com email address and have been unable to access my email inbox since last Wednesday. I am not impressed as I have used that email address for job applications.  I am unable to see if I have been invited to any interviews.  My whole life is organised through my ntlworld.com email address.  I have just spent several hours trying to change my email address to my spare gmail.com email address.  This has been an absolute nightmare with no end in sight.  Is there any indication of when this issue will be sorted???

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 27 of 251
Flag for a moderator

@Lilacbreeze wrote:

I ALWAYS use webmail to access my emails. I have the old ntlworld.com email address

You have given a lot of information, however much of it is not related to diagnosing your email problem.  Are you a current VM broadband customer?  What error message are you getting?  Have you tried clearing your browser history or trying a different browser?  Have you ever used email on any other device or client - such as a mobile phone app, or tried something like outlook or thunderbird?

Let us know more and we can get closer to an answer for you, or refer you to the Forum Team (VM employees) if necessary.  Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Dazron1971
Joining in
Message 28 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problem for over 3 weeks now. After many calls and complaints I finally had a call back from there tech team.

What a waste of time that was , the line was so poor I couldn't understand a word he said.

He then decided to give up by hanging up on me. Not one call back since. Very professional service.

Now awaiting reply for yet another complaint I've posted.

Why we cant be kept updated is beyond me. A simple text would help if nothing else.

Jillyh
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I can get into my email but it continually fails to send emails. I also keep getting the error cannot access virgin server due to incorrect password?

0 Kudos
Lilacbreeze
Tuning in
Message 30 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Yes, Rising Star,  I bloody well am a fully paid up Virgin Media broadband customer!!  I pay Virgin Media £94 per month for using their phone, TV and broadband.  Do you think I'd be using their email service if I wasn't one of their customers???  I've been a customer for years, hence the ntlworld.com email address.

I phoned VirginMedia twice.  Both times had Indian people who I could hardly understand.  The second person I spoke to admitted there was a problem with the server.  In the meantime I have cleared my cache and cookies.  Change my email password twice. As recommended. I am still not able to get into my account 1 week later. I get the 'mailbox is unavailable' message that everyone else is getting.  No I don't use Outlook or an external thing to access my emails.  Yes I always go through the Virgin Media 'sign in' page.  This is a week now since I had access to my ntlworld.com email account.

I have tried to access my emails on my laptop, my mum's laptop, a small laptop that my kids own and my iphone.  None of them work.  All of them say inbox unavailable.  On my iphone it mentions an issue with the server not responding.

Is this enough information for you???

I just want this problem sorted.  It's been 1 week now since I lost access to my email inbox and I'm awaiting replies from jobs I've applied for.  I've had to try to contact some of them to change the email address.  I've had to change my email address with amazon, credit cards, ebay, etc.  Some won't accept an email change.  That presents another problem.

I can see no end in sight to this.  I have filled out a complaints form on the Virgin Media website. If I miss out on a job interview because of this I will be demanding compensation.  I notice one person on this forum mentioned that the service might never be restored.  I hope that is not the case.

I am very angry and am seriously for the first time in about 15 years, thinking of going over to an alternative provider for my broadband, TV, etc.  This is absolutely appalling what's happened, considering the amount I pay each month.

My mother, incidentally only joined VM a few years ago - on my recommendation by the way - so has a Virginmedia.com email address and is not affected.  Her email is fine.  It seems long standing customers are being penalised.  I did not choose the ntlworld.com email address.  That was what was allocated to me when I joined up - prior to that I only had a freeserve email address.  Thank God I had to set up a google email when I bought a Kobo tablet.  Otherwise I'd seriously up sh** creek without a paddle.  At least I have the alternative/spare email address.  A lot of people haven't even got that.