Menu
roy1964
Joining in
Message 241 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

I've not been able to access my webmail with the ntlworld address for over a month now. I've contacted 150 at least 4 times & on one occasion the phone call went on for well over an hour, being passed on to 5 different people who could hardly speak or understand English asking me the same security questions then asking me what the problem was. It's driving me mad. I can't access my Amazon & other accounts or make payments on certain websites. The information for my travel arrangements are all gone as well as my holiday bookings.

Every time I've phoned 150 the information I've been given is shockingly poor. Once I had a phone call back to tell me it had been fixed & when I told her it wasn't she didn't believe me & hung up on me. All the information I've been given has been wrong & now I feel I'm being lied to.

Why can't someone from Virgin Media give me, a loyal customer for 20 years some accurate information, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT & WHEN WILL YOU FIX IT.

0 Kudos
HMJonesy
Joining in
Message 242 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi im getting this error when i try to go on my email.

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Nicky1963
Joining in
Message 243 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am receiving the 'mailbox is not available' error message when trying to access my Blueyonder webmail account.

Please get in touch to restore my access ASAP. Password has already been changed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
superwavesynths
Tuning in
Message 244 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone report a success story on this thread?

I seem to be going round in circles, reporting the problem to the Mod Team repeatedly and no success in the last 3 weeks.

I’m really losing confidence in VM now and worried I will lose all my emails.

Gilbert_Green
Tuning in
Message 245 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Sorry No.

As I posted I managed to get access to my account by spending a not to small fortune ringing the 0345 number.

However whilst I can now receive my ntlworld e-mails via Thunderbird I still can't send from there.

I Still have, in MY opinion, a very weak password because I dare not change it, as doing so in MY opinion, that was what lost me complete access last time.

A simple web search would indicate that Virgin caused this problem with some sort of software update some while back & that it concerns legacy e-mail addresses, ntlworld & blueyonder for instance.

My problem & I suspect many others is that to walk out on Virgin would mean that I will lose access to an e-mail address I have been using for something like 20 years, with all that implys

0 Kudos
ghostlyease
On our wavelength
Message 246 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I had this message, I reset passwords gained access, then again now I cant log in, so frustrating. Changed password again but still cant gain access to email, I can get into my virgin account to check status and bills. 

Keeley Sutton

ghostlyease
On our wavelength
Message 247 of 251
Flag for a moderator

It would actually seem the VM staff are just letting this thread roll with no help and no explanation.

People understand stuff happens its the no information that is the issue!
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 248 of 251
Flag for a moderator

@Gilbert_Green wrote:

.... A simple web search would indicate that Virgin caused this problem with some sort of software update some while back & that it concerns legacy e-mail addresses, ntlworld & blueyonder for instance.

I don't know what caused this, but it doesn't only concern legacy email addresses or long-standing customers.  It seems that customers of every hue and stripe are affected, possibly on a devilishly random basis.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Locked-Out-of-Email-Account-for-a-Month/td-p/4046298/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Gilbert_Green
Tuning in
Message 249 of 251
Flag for a moderator

So please do tell "Well-informed" person, what exactly are they doing about it ?
I see nothing on this ever expanding thread that VIRGIN are even aware of the problem, never mind working on a fix.
0 Kudos
roy1964
Joining in
Message 250 of 251
Flag for a moderator

They're aware of the problem but they really haven't got a clue what the problem is & all they do is lie to you. I've been told it will be fixed in 2 or 3 days at least 4 times over the last month.

I've even made complaints about the way the situation has been dealt with, I was told someone would phone me about my complaint in two days. Two days went by & no phone call so I phoned them again which took another 50 minutes only to be told my complaint had been closed, I asked why & they said they phoned me 3 times & I didn't answer so they closed it. This is a lie as there is always someone in my house & a quick check on my phone tells me no one has called the phone during the time they said they called.

Now I don't believe a word they say when you call customer support on 150.