Menu
ennyoueffsea
Joining in
Message 11 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

Hi,

I am receiving a blue screen showing 'Connection error' 'the service is not available right now' with a retry button, which when clicked stays on the same screen.

At the bottom of the screen is 'Rev48'

This is only happening on my preferred browser Opera but mail working ok on Chrome and Firefox.

Are there any known issues with the Opera browser please?

Terry

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Probably a minor disconnect between Opera and the OX platform which VM uses for webmail.

Example from list of OX patches to baseline -

2019-02-11

OX App Suite v7.8.4 (Security Public Patch)

Open-Xchange App Suite Middleware (backend) v7.8.4-rev51
Open-Xchange App Suite Frontend v7.8.4-rev48

Revnn is the identification series OX uses for patch numbers.

Try clearing out VM cache and cookies in Opera, or open a New Private Window (top left O).

0 Kudos
ennyoueffsea
Joining in
Message 13 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bill

Thanks for getting in touch so quickly.

I had already cleared cache & cookies in Opera and that had made no difference. 

A few minutes later I also tried the new incognito tab and the page did open and looks to be working ok. 

This same connection error also occurred about 3 weeks ago but cleared itself within a couple of days. 

Do you know if this is an issue known to Opera that they may be working on?

I’m going using Windows 8.1

Many thanks again Bill, it really is appreciated. 

Regards

Terry

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 251
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t seen many, if any, recent  OX-webmail issues so I don’t think it’s a problem VM is chasing. If you are seeing this connection failure regularly, I would guess at an intermittent drop in your internet connection either by your router or outside your property. Suggest you monitor this and when you get a connection failure attempt to run, say, speedtest.net immediately to see if that connects. If that is inconclusive you could try running BQM (see networking threads for details of that).

0 Kudos
TomCh
Joining in
Message 15 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi ModTeam,
I'm affected - please restore my access.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Goll44
Joining in
Message 16 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hello . This is happening to me ... I am unable to log in . Please can you restore my access & yes , I will of course change my password as soon as I am up & running again . Thank you for your vigilance 

[Removed]

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Loki269
Joining in
Message 17 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm getting this message, I've phoned twice and changed the team have changed passwords but still can't get in, can you help please.

thanks, Julie

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
ennyoueffsea
Joining in
Message 18 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Bill.

Wasn't sure it was the home connection as I was out and about yesterday and was fine then after a couple of hours it came up with the same error.

I've gone back on this afternoon and the error is still there and comes as soon as the email link is clicked on the My Virgin Media page, so not even getting to the sign in screen.

All still seems to work ok when opened in an Incognito window so guess I'll have to get by with that for now.

I've run a test on speedtest.net and looks to be consistent.

Thanks again,

Terry

0 Kudos
AndySalmon
Joining in
Message 19 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log into secondary account since last week.. spent many hours on the phone to as many people at call centre in India🤨

Finally got email reset and worked for 24 hours now same same sorry mail box unavailable!! What’s going on VM 😣😣

0 Kudos
Ksearles
Joining in
Message 20 of 251
Flag for a moderator

This relates to my ntl world email acct which is hacked aswell as my Facebook and Instagram. Cannot do anything online to reset this as I can’t gain access to my acct.

thanks

0 Kudos