Menu
NoEmails
Tuning in
Message 131 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

A quick update from me. I received a DM from VM last night asking for my info, I forwarded it to them and now my emails are working again. As much as I expressed my anger at them not working I'll now extend the same amount of thanks for fixing it, I really was lost without my emails. Given what I think may have caused this (explained below) I'd just like to raise a point on customer service. As my account was knowingly locked I do find it pretty poor that VM didn't let me know, a letter would have been a massive help and could have saved a lot of hassle for all and the issue would have been resolved much sooner.

Having picked up my emails it appears my account may have been hacked, I had loads of mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com Message Delivery Failures all to random email addresses and all the messages contained some the same three forms of attachments, I didn't look into what they were as I just deleted the messages straight away. The messages were still coming through as recently as yesterday. I have a hunch that it happened through Facebook of all places, I hate it and never use it but I received an email saying my uncle had sent me a message, I never see him and presumed it must be important and opened it. It looked like some random message so I just ignored it and thought nothing more of it but I've just seen the email notifying me of the message and my account was locked the same day. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what it seems like. Shames on me as I'm normally much more savvy than that.

Anyway, I have my mails back and I'd just advise other people with the same issue to reply to the DM they will probably get from the VM team.

Justynawl13
Joining in
Message 132 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've been unable to access my mailbox for almost 2 weeks now. Called VM Tech Support 5 times, each time I was told to try different browser or try another day. My password has been reset twice by the Tech Support but I'm still unable to access my mailbox, and tried on different computers, laptops, tablets phones, browsers etc. Please can you help? I only have 1 email address associated with that mailbox and it's the main and only email connected to my VM account, where all my billing and account info goes.

0 Kudos
Tines66
Joining in
Message 133 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I have been unable to access my virgin media email account on my chromebook for the last few days. Every time  I try  I just get  a white screen with  3 grey dots scrolling. I can still access on my iphone however. Please advise how this can be resolved, I have tried changing my password to no avail.

This is extremely annoying.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 134 of 294
Flag for a moderator

@Tines66 wrote:

I have been unable to access my virgin media email account on my chromebook for the last few days. Every time  I try  I just get  a white screen with  3 grey dots scrolling. I can still access on my iphone however.

I don't know how a chromebook works, but have you tried a different browser? or clearing the history (cache and cookies) on the browser you are currently using.  If that does not work, let us know and we'll try another step.  This one is the "turn it off and on again" of browser maintenance.

ETA:  I looked this up:  https://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/chromebook-erase-your-browsing-history/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 135 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

Hi HellsBellsP

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that you've been having issues accessing your emails. We can appreciate that this is frustrating and we apologise for inconvenience caused.

Has there been any progress with this since your last post?

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Nobby2193
Joining in
Message 136 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email

No, still no change

Still using resolver and still phoning support to see if any progress

Rob

0 Kudos
Emjay15
Joining in
Message 137 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm now having this issue (also cannot access emails from my email client)

Please help!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Silverarrows1
Tuning in
Message 138 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I'm having issues with my email and really need access now as I'm waiting for something important. 

0 Kudos
Tines66
Joining in
Message 139 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have tried different browser and clearing history - no joy 😞

The screen comes up white and on top left are boxes for username/pword but not how it would normally look and if i try to login i just get the dots again??

Needless to say I am getting really fed up with this especially when the are price increases on the way.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 140 of 294
Flag for a moderator

@Tines66 wrote:

Hi

I have tried different browser and clearing history - no joy 😞

The screen comes up white and on top left are boxes for username/pword but not how it would normally look and if i try to login i just get the dots again??

Needless to say I am getting really fed up with this especially when the are price increases on the way.

Sorry that didn't help, as I said, I don't know much about Chromebook.  While you wait for the Forum Team to respond, can you check if the device is on the latest updates.  Write back here to advise, and also let them know if you have success with getting email by any other means - phone, pc, tablet, laptop.  And can you log into your billing account - are you able to update your passwords there?  This info will help them diagnose your problem.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos