Menu
saracen3
Tuning in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

Well here we go again after:

"I cannot access Virgin Media webmail, it has now been 3 weeks,  7 phone calls, 2 password changes no end of 24-48hrs it will be resolved promises, a raised ticket and 2 complaints that as yet I have not been contacted ( last one said I would be contacted within 2 to 24 hrs) that was Friday 5th July and no I haven't been. To say this is the most inept company with the most broken promises is beyond a joke."

posted in July and without emails for nearly 4 weeks it has now happened again. I am getting exactly the same screen message from the Virgin Media web page when I try to open Email!

"Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

Come on Virgin lets see if you can take less than a week.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi saracen3,

Sorry to hear of the email issues. Just to confirm, have you checked it's active on Mailtester.com? If so and yes, is the email address associated with an active Virgin Media account? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Jamie922089
Tuning in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have still not got access to webmail 10 months after I lost access.  However the two accou ts are still active and my 2 androus devices are receiving email updates.  I can also access them from my PC usi g Thunderbird software.  This helps.  I have set up Gmail accou ta for bith my wife and I and gradually  people that contact me regularly are starting to use the new address.  I did try submitting a complaint via the website and got a rep,y by pist abouyt a mo th ago.  The letter was written in January but was pisted to our old address in the UK that we left in June 2018. It eventually got forwarded to me by a roundabout route.  I had included the dact that we have moved and our new address in France in my complaint. To say that this us appalli g customer service is an understatement.

I would still like to access my webmail account in order to download my contacts and old emails.  If anyone  from Virgin is reading this I would apprecuate some contact.

Jamie Guest

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamie922089,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the email issues. Is the email in question linked to an active Virgin Media account? If not, then they'll be more than likely awaiting termination, as normally this happens within 90 days.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jamie922089
Tuning in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply John.   Unfortunately no one seems to be actually reading what I write.  I was originally lied to by a sales person and made plans acting on his advice.   My account was then closed when we left England.   6 months later the webmail access stopped.   I still have Virgin Mobile accounts but still would like access to webmail to clean the accounts out and rescue the data that will be lost.  Thanks to Thunderbird I have the email message and am gradually deleting all those that I no longer need.  However I do not have access to my webmail address book.   If that could be arranged for a month then I could extract the information that I need and then say goodbye to the account.   I was a loyal Virgin customer for as long as the company, and it's predecessor existed.  I feel that I have been treated shamefully and would never recommend Virgin to anyone.

Jamie Guest

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Jamie.

Is the email address active on Mailtester? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
saracen3
Tuning in
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi John. This is what I from Email checker.

Mail servers found for domain:

- mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net (priority 1, ip address: 212.54.58.11)

- mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net (priority 1, ip address: 212.54.56.11)

Using mail server with lowest priority number:

- mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net (priority 1, ip address: 212.54.58.11)

I've no idea what that all means but yes it is an active email address. Like I said it's exactly what happened in July and that took about 8 phone calls 3 password changes and nearly 4 weeks to fix.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

it would be useful to know if the final line “E-mail address is valid” was returned, similar to the following example:
2019-10-11.jpeg

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi saracen3,

Thank you for coming back to us and thank you for the information provided, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
saracen3
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was 

0 Kudos