Menu
yvonnewylie
Joining in
Message 261 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

Please restore access. [removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Lioness3
Tuning in
Message 262 of 294
Flag for a moderator

After 1 month without email, after deleting all cookies, after using 3 browsers, after HOURS on the phone with SO CALLED Tech Support, after a phone call back from them saying that WE CAN'T FIX IT FOR YOU, I finally got my emails by opening an Incognito window in Chrome! Thank you, BillC45!

Ill just have to hope that this method works again in the future, and hope that whatever passes for 'Normal Service' from Virgin Mail is resumed before the next Millennium dawns!

My partner says that he (another Virgin customer) never ever uses their webmail. He purchased his own Domain Name (from FastHosts) and has something like a special mailbox and a slimmed down version of Outlook with it. He doesnt use that, but has some sort of mail forwarding arrangement set up. Can't say more as its too tech for me!

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 263 of 294
Flag for a moderator

@Lioness3 

The “Unable to log into webmail” thread was started on 19/06/2019 as the result of a significant number of problem reports arising from changes to the system made around the weekend of 8/9 June. The problem symptom was a “mailbox is not available” message. Your posts on the subject do not mention this message specifically and it’s possibly just a coincidence that your (different) problem was in the same thread as the others at this time. If I was feeling charitable, I might say that this led the phone support to look in the wrong place for an answer to your problem. If feeling Uncharitable I would say….something different.

It’s good to hear that you now have access and other readers of this thread might learn to try an incognito/private session when they experience a webmail connection difficulty via a browser.

Message 264 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi @DianneHarniess,

Unfortunately we're not able to send you a private message to help further; this could be due to a setting on your account.

However we believe that this issue should now be resolved for you. Please could you try signing into webmail again; if you are able to sign in please ensure your password is reset to something new and unique.

Thanks
ModTeam
0 Kudos
Message 265 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi @yvonnewylie,

Thanks for posting on the community. Unfortunately we're not able to send you a private message due to the settings on your account.

However we believe the issue for your account is now resolved. Please try and sign in and let us know how it goes.

Once signed in please ensure your password is changed to something new and unique.

Thanks
Mod Team
0 Kudos
emmanmartin
Tuning in
Message 266 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I cant login either, been on the phone and the bloke didn't have a clue. I need to print all my holiday documents off. It's so inconvenient.

0 Kudos
emmanmartin
Tuning in
Message 267 of 294
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE

Thought I'd try calling again....

Spoke to a great lady.... she said " oh your email is blocked, let me sort that for you " 2 minutes later I'm back up and running.😊

daboya
Tuning in
Message 268 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately,you are full of it.

I have rang cs twice,without success.

Now,vm email,has hijacked my YouTube account.

After 12 years of being a loyal customer,the time has come to dump a toxic company!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 269 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Seeya

0 Kudos
roy1964
Tuning in
Message 270 of 294
Flag for a moderator

It's now been about two weeks since the virginmedia mod team contacted me, any chance someone could give me an update as this has been going on now for about 2 months now.

0 Kudos