Menu
Clare100
Joining in
Message 231 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

I can’t get in to my web mail account or send emails from my phone anymore. I have been on hold that long on my land line my phone has gone flat. 

0 Kudos
bvosman
Joining in
Message 232 of 294
Flag for a moderator

i have had 2 phone conversations today about this ongoing problem both times the operator gave me instructions that haven't worked and I'm getting very frustrated you obviously know that there is a problem with accessing email but no one seams to be able to correct it. It was supposed to be reset at 17.57 and i was given new password and told to try 1 hour later. i left it till 20.00 and although reset password you gave me lets me log into My virgin media my mail box is still unavailable! this really is ridiculous, please help!
0 Kudos
superwavesynths
Tuning in
Message 233 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Well I managed to change my password and crossed my fingers at the login stage and all failed.

Thought I would post some interesting information I found on the Virgin Media careers website!

Fast, efficient and fit for the future. That’s our network. But it could equally describe our Engineers. After all, they’re the ones who make it all happen. The fastest and most powerful cable network in the UK (that’s ours, by the way) benefits from over £2bn of investment. And our Engineering team are the ones who make the money go all the way to ‘wow’.

From monitoring and fixing bugs through to running major projects, Virgin Media Engineering is as challenging as it is exciting. Ultimately, it’s all about making sure the network can deliver the fastest broadband speeds in the UK, while coping with an ever increasing demand for connectivity. So there are opportunities for all sorts of engineers – from Network Design, Build and Deployment, to TV, Data, VOIP, Civil & Access, Planning and good old Core Engineering.

Fast, efficient and fit for the future made me laugh!

Slow, inefficient and not fit for the future more like!

Don’t think I can cope contacting the support line anymore speaking to automated machines and then getting put through to people at the other side of the planet.

What ever happened to good old national support services in the UK?

Come on Virgin Media, we need, Fast, efficient and fit for the future. 😉

Merdeservice
Joining in
Message 234 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi - have had issues with an ntlworld account for several weeks and unable to get into the account reset even though I have changed the password several times. There is a fault open against the account and would appreciate it being reset/fixed.

The host of service issues I have experienced generally with your online systems has been awful but I guess that can wait for another day.

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi,

You may currently be seeing a “mailbox is not available” message when logging into webmail. 

If you’re affected, please reply below so we can restore access. You must change your password to something unique once access is restored, or the mailbox may be locked again. To improve the security of your online accounts we recommend that you follow a few key steps when creating passwords for anything you access online, which can be found here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-create-a-strong-password 

Access was locked to the mailbox due to suspicious activity, which suggests the mailbox was compromised. 

You can find more information about why we lock mailboxes here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-temporarily-locked

ModTeam

Alan 

0 Kudos
sybgange
Settling in
Message 235 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am also unable to login to my email through the virginmedia website. I to get the error message. Thanks in advance. Sybil

0 Kudos
Beck511
Tuning in
Message 236 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Got this text “We've been alerted your Virgin Media Mail account may have been used to send Spam. Your accounts been locked, to reset your password go to virginmedia.com/lock”

Resetting password did not get email working again. 

0 Kudos
andypat
On our wavelength
Message 237 of 294
Flag for a moderator

My Mother in laws email has been like this for more than 3 weeks now, rang the number , said 5 days , rang em again said 5 days - 

Whats going on - Can some one help please 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AdrianBell
Tuning in
Message 238 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Webmail is constantly down.  If I do get in, often my folders are missing.  At the moment my "Sent objects" all folders displays "Error: failed to load messages".  I get a login failure if I try to access my "[Gmail]/Sent Mail" folder using IMAP.  I've managed to send an email by phone but this has not been saved to the "[Gmail]/Sent Mail" folder.  Even after the second attempt.   My PC email client Thunderbird will retry and synchronise eventually, but my phone client K9 will not and the record of having sent the mail is therefore lost.  This is just not good enough. There are problems nearly every day with this.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 239 of 294
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
bvosman
Joining in
Message 240 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Reported my details to you Tuesday and still waiting for you to sort out my email access - you know about this problem why is it taking so long to fix?! Not impressed!