Menu
NoEmails
Tuning in
Message 101 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

Again, why was my post deleted? Was it the information from Trading Standards that said I was eligible for up to 100% refund? Is that the info you don't want people to know?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 102 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure your post isn't just on the last page? Is this the one?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-log-into-webmail/m-p/4024297/highlight/true#M17...

0 Kudos
mattstheone
Tuning in
Message 103 of 294
Flag for a moderator

By the looks of most on here. It’s time to use another mail client
As Virgin cannot sort the issue
0 Kudos
NoEmails
Tuning in
Message 104 of 294
Flag for a moderator

That is the one but it must have been reinstated. It was definitely deleted.
0 Kudos
Heliecopter
On our wavelength
Message 105 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Tom.  Updates on ticket progress would be very useful. 🙂

regards heliecopter

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 106 of 294
Flag for a moderator

99% sure you'll find that email is NOT part of your paid-for package and is offered additionally 'as-is'!!! (see small print of agreement?) - Thus NO compensation for loss of service!!! Make your life easier .. WHEN this is sorted transfer everything to a free account (eg: Yahoo / Gmail / Outlook) The security is far better / 'Up-time' is 99% and thus so is reliability.. If/When you change ISP you will lose your VM email after 90 days and you'll need to change/update all your contacts then! … ZvnK ...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
NoEmails
Tuning in
Message 107 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I don't care if it's in the agreement or not, they gave NO forewarning of removing the service and have now cost me money due to not being able to receive emails. Yes it may sound easy to 'just' switch email provider but I've had this address for over 13 years so to update every single account it's tied to will be a pain, and the emails I haven't received are extremely important. The fact I don't have them is down to Virgin. Plus there are websites out there that require a 'paid for' email address from an ISP to be a member, Gmail or Outlook or whatever won't cut it.

If everything was that easy I wouldn't be making so much noise about it. It's NOT that easy, Virgin are making my life incredibly difficult right now and that's on them. And I'll tend to believe what Trading Standards have told me.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 108 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I don't care if it's in the agreement or not, they gave NO forewarning of removing the service … ===================================================================== =======================Don't suppose VM were aware of any outage happening until it did - so forewarning nigh impossible??? I look forward to reading the final outcome when everything has been settled... I still think that 'come the crunch' VM will rely on their 'free email?' … to absolve themselves of any compensation … I would add that if you find VM email suitable for your needs now - and it is a basic and seemingly insecure/unstable email system - then surely ANY of the 'Big 3' (free) would be far better for your needs. (If you have your own Domain name then use your hosting site servers…!) I hope you never decide to leave VM as you will have even more contacts and links to update at that stage - You WILL lose your email address 90 days later … Be aware! Good Luck! ... ZvnK ...
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 109 of 294
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam - I rather suspect the deleted post may have tripped the forum spam filters in error, but it would be nice to get clarification of this.  

@NoEmails - The Mod Team moderate to make sure that Forum rules aren't broken and to remove personal information from public view.  Looking at the content of the now restored post, I doubt the mods would have deleted this.

@Anonymous - To clarify - this is not an outage.  While the locking of accounts did coincide with an outage with regards to being able to access my.virginmedia.com/profile - The email service itself has worked throughout.  How do I know this? 

1. I've been able to access my account with no difficulty myself via both webmail and email client.
  2. Virgin Media have stated - and indeed it's stated at the start of this thread that VM have been locking accounts due to suspect activity on individual mailboxes.

I don't know exactly what was said to Trading Standards but my thought is that they will have advised based on what NoEmails has told them.  The problem is, that they may not have the whole story here.

Virgin Media charge for 4 services

Broadband
Phone
TV
Mobile

Email is provided to broadband customers as a free extra, not as a core part of the service, although retention of the email address is reliant on that email linked to your currently active broadband account.

As it is provided gratis Virgin Media could potentially close the service at any time.  They've already done this to the Cloud backup and Webspace, both of which were given free of charge, IMHO they are unlikely to withdraw the service anytime soon.

@NoEmails - Virgin Media have not withdrawn the service from you however - accounts have been locked in order to protect the account owner i.e. you, however it does seem that some departments have not got that message.

I do know that the @ModTeam were contacting users in this thread who have had trouble getting back into their accounts, I will ask @Kev_B to see if your situation could have been handled any differently but certainly the normal escalation path to IT does normally take up to 5 working days to come to a resolution, so I'm not sure why yours has taken longer :(.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

gettingpeedoff
Tuning in
Message 110 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

I have just successfully logged in to my blueyonder.co.uk account for the first time in over a month, thanks to the mod.team.

I received a DM from them after posting my woes on here (see earlier in this thread) and replied to it with my email address and account number. That was yesterday. I held out little hope but received another DM this afternoon asking me to attempt to log in. Success! Now I just have to wade through a thousand emails.

Just thought I'd post this as most people don't after their service is resumed and you don't hear the success stories.

Thank you to all the helpful souls who attempted to help and to all those who did help.

NoLongerGettingPeedOff.