Menu
Message 1 of 257
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log into webmail

Hi,

You may currently be seeing a “mailbox is not available” message when logging into webmail. 

If you’re affected, please reply below so we can restore access. You must change your password to something unique once access is restored, or the mailbox may be locked again. To improve the security of your online accounts we recommend that you follow a few key steps when creating passwords for anything you access online, which can be found here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-create-a-strong-password 

Access was locked to the mailbox due to suspicious activity, which suggests the mailbox was compromised. 

You can find more information about why we lock mailboxes here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-temporarily-locked

ModTeam

mattyboy22
Tuning in
Message 2 of 257
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

Great! This has been going for a week. Smiley Happy

Joycie1966
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 257
Flag for a moderator

ASAP surely is within 24hours, not the 216+hours that it how is. Surely some form of compensation is due as we aren't receiving the "full service"

We're paying for! 

bulldoglegion
Joining in
Message 4 of 257
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I am currently unable to access my blueyonder account via webmail or outlook client. I have just created a sign in here that uses a gmail account. I did notice some suspicious activity on my account - failed emails I hadn't sent etc and so I went on and changed the password. I am still locked out. 

Can someone contact me please. 

Best Wishes

Michael 

0 Kudos
barbaig
Joining in
Message 5 of 257
Flag for a moderator

I can not sign into my email for 5 days now. error message email not available is it locked

0 Kudos
Jg5
Tuning in
Message 6 of 257
Flag for a moderator

My password has been changed twice, once by VM customer support and then again by me. Numerous phonecalls. Still can't access webmail. If only we could be given a realistic expectation of when (or if ever) we can expect to see emails again. 

Chriscb
Joining in
Message 7 of 257
Flag for a moderator

I have changed password to account, but the new password and account isn't recognised by the system - so now Im locked out of the Virginmedia site.

I have no access to email.

Please advise.

Chris Carter-Bown

zvonok
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 257
Flag for a moderator

ASAP surely is within 24hours, not the 216+hours that it how is. Surely some form of compensation is due as we aren't receiving the "full service"

We're paying for!  …

==========================================================================================================

As I read through all these 'No Email' woes I wonder if at last people will decide to take the advice so often given in this forum?

DO NOT rely on your VM email!!!

It is 'additiona'l (and thus free) to your package and I believe it could be withdrawn at any time by VM - Therefore questions regarding 'loss of service payment' are irrelevant!

If/When you leave VM you will lose your email address.- you will therefore have to notify ALL you email contacts of your new email.

Sign up for one of the 'Big 3' (Yahoo / Gmail / Outlook) {There are other smaller but reliable free providers) so that :

You keep this email address even if you change your ISP 

They are usually much more 'up-to-date' with security and reliability is around 99%.

Finally, whilst I can fully understand the 'annoyance and problems' of no email service - this sort of problem was always 'on the cards' and now it has happened and there is a long outage maybe - just maybe? - people will heed the advice so often proffered here. Those that have can read through all these 'cries for help' and inwardly smile!

Yes it will be a tad tiresome initially making the change BUT the effort WILL be repaid handsomely!!!

... ZvnK ...

Highlighted
Conium
Joining in
Message 9 of 257
Flag for a moderator

The email clients on my various devices stopped being able to connect to my longstanding [MOD EDIT: Removed]@blueyonder.co.uk email account last week, and logging in via the Virgin Media website returned the 'Your mailbox is unavailable at the moment' message. The '150' helpline advised that there was a general email problem which would be fixed in 48 hours.

On Monday it still was not working so I phoned the helpline again and was advised that my email did not exist any more and that there was nothing they could do to retrieve it. Alarmed I phoned back later in the day and was told that it was probably just a multiple login failure problem, they reset the password and said it would be fixed after an hour.

No suprise, after an hour the same mailbox unavailable message. This time the helpline said that it was a wider problem with the mailserver and it could take a week or two weeks to fix, and to try again next week.

I have logged into this community forum using my gmail account, and pleased to see this post from the VirginMedia ModTeam which confirms that there is a general problem. But I would really like to know what the prognosis is for getting my [MOD EDIT: Removed]@blueyonder.co.uk email back up and running, and a more accurate/reasonable timeframe.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Jg5
Tuning in
Message 10 of 257
Flag for a moderator

There is good advice above by zvonok. I’ve had a gmail address for years but never used it as my primary one. I will now. But I’ll be changing my provider too, as the lack of any coherent support or advice over the past couple of weeks has been simply awful.