cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to my email account on my iphone

Symondj
Joining in

Hi

I went to log in to my email on my desktop and saw a new interface and i reset my password as I use my phone usually and couldnt remember it.

Im able to log in on my desktop and send and receive emails.

But on my phone i've put the new password into the settings for in and out and it doesn't work and I cant access new emails on my phone now..

Please help.

Thxs

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Symondj wrote:

Im able to log in on my desktop and send and receive emails.

But on my phone i've put the new password into the settings for in and out and it doesn't work

The first thing I would try would be to reset the password again because sometimes the passwords for the SMTP/IMAP servers (as used by your iPhone) get out of step with the webmail password. (I've had an Ntlworld email account like that).

If you change the password again, to something new, as you did before but then wait 20-30 minutes before trying to access the account again.

See how that goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi

Thanks for responding.

Ended up being the password i used on the web was too long for the phone so i shortened it and it now works ok.

many thanks

Hey Symondj,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you had with your email account, I'm glad to hear that the issues have now been resolved.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L