cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to Virginmedia email due to maximum connections exceeded

YellowJules
On our wavelength

For the past few days, and out of the blue, I've been unable to log in to VirginMedia email.  Most of my email apps just hang and fail to log in without an error message but in my desktop email software (EMclient) a window pops up with the following:

Server says: Maximum number of connections from user+IP exceeded (mail_userip-connections=10)

I understand this to mean I'm logged into Virgin media email in too many apps, etc, so I've logged out of several apps and changed my password, which by default, I assume logs me out of the rest.  I've then attempted to log in.  Still no joy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do keep in mind it is not just your IMAP client connections but also those of others within your home network contributing to this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @YellowJules,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems with your email service, are you able to log into Virgin media webmail at the moment?

With your email client, please can you remove all the email server information and re-add this onto the application, to see if this works to resolve the issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

This worked for a few days but the same error message has re-appeared on all software/applications where I access my email:

unnamed.jpg

Hi YellowJules

Thanks for coming back to us. Have you tried removing and re-adding again?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes I’ve done this and it’s worked again, but for how long?  I shouldn’t have to keep deleting and re adding my account as a long term solution.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi YellowJules, 

Thank you for coming back to us on this. 

Glad this has worked for you. How long has this been happening for?

Zoie

Hi, the pop up message has been appearing for several weeks but I would just cancel it and carry on.  Then a few weeks ago, my mail stopped connecting/syncing on all devices.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi YellowJules

If it happens again please let us know

Obviously it is going to happen again 

But it might be best to try if possible removing from one device and see how you get on 

Gareth_L

Doesn't changing my password (which I've done) log me out of all devices?

Since changing my password I've only logged back in on 3 devices however the error message states I'm logged in on 10+.

So is there anywhere I can look to see what devices and/or apps I am logged into my mail on?

Thanks for your help.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @YellowJules,

Thanks for the update, we would be unable to see this information unfortunately.

Have you tried doing a virus scan on your devices? Can you also try only logging in to one device with your email?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide