cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get into my email

oynsy1
Tuning in

Hi, I reach a page where it says email addresses go dormant if unaccessed for ninety days, I have probably let this elapse, is there a way to reactivate my @virginmedia.com address?

Thanks 

Rob 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oynsy1 wrote:

I reach a page where it says email addresses go dormant if unaccessed for ninety day

That is part of Virgin Media's "Acceptable use policy"  https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy See sections 6.7 and 6.8.

They say they will "suspend" an account if it goes 90 days with being accessed but it can still be reactivated for 60 days after that,  If it has not been reactivated within that time the account will be closed.

In reality I am entirely not sure that VM ever actually put that into effect on a consistent basis but I could be wrong there.

The big question is are your still a VM broadband customer?

If you are, then your best option is to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) contacts you via this thread in the next day or so. They should be able to confirm the status of the email account.

If you are no longer a VM broadband customer then you need to assume the account has been deleted by VM.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oynsy1 wrote:

I reach a page where it says email addresses go dormant if unaccessed for ninety day

That is part of Virgin Media's "Acceptable use policy"  https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy See sections 6.7 and 6.8.

They say they will "suspend" an account if it goes 90 days with being accessed but it can still be reactivated for 60 days after that,  If it has not been reactivated within that time the account will be closed.

In reality I am entirely not sure that VM ever actually put that into effect on a consistent basis but I could be wrong there.

The big question is are your still a VM broadband customer?

If you are, then your best option is to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) contacts you via this thread in the next day or so. They should be able to confirm the status of the email account.

If you are no longer a VM broadband customer then you need to assume the account has been deleted by VM.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response, I'll wait for the mods as suggested, I'm still a virgin media customer - I ordered some clothes online without thinking, using the virgin email and can't access them. 

Cheers 

Hi there @oynsy1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues regarding your email, I'd be happy to take a look for you via a PM. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.