cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new email address

John_Gray
Superfast

I am in the "Set up a new My Virgin Media account" webpage, have entered a Display Name and the first part of a @virginmedia.com address, and clicked on the Check Availability button.

A small message window says "Updating", for ever.

Ideas, please?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to point out that if you already have an address in the blueyonder.co.uk domain, you can't create the virginmedia.com version.

All virginmedia.com versions of legacy domain email addresses are locked out.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @John_Gray,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to create a new email address, has anything changed since you posted?

Does this happen every time you try to create any email address?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, Steven

I get the same result again today when trying to create that same email address, and also today with a new one...

Hi John thanks a lot for your reply.

Okay that is strange and I do apologise, are you on this page when attempting to set up a Virgin Media user account? Usually when registering as a customer, it can auto-populate an email address for you (potentially as well as asking you to create one yourself).

When you select the automated one that the system gives you, does it allow you to proceed?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom

It seems to me from your reply that you think I am trying to create a new account "from scratch". 

I am trying to create a third secondary address to add to the previous two created about ten years ago.

Yesterday I cleared all the Virgin Media cookies from Firefox, and that time the "Updating" window had a red circular rotating rotator, which continued "forever", above the "Updating" word.

Today, without clearing cookies, the window has a blank area just above the "Updating" word, and, again, nothing further happens.

Thanks for coming back to us John_Gray,

We do apologise that you're still experiencing issues when trying to create a 3rd email address on your MYVM account.

We have had issues with recently with our online account services, have you attempted today to try and create this email address?

If it has still failed, we will be happy to take a look form our end and see what is happening.

Please let me know if you would be happy for us to proceed with this and we will send you over a private message.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I've just tried again now, and get the box with "Updating...", but apart from this the box is empty, and nothing further happens...

Yes, please proceed with anything that would help, thanks!

I'm so sorry to hear that @John_Gray

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can look into this further. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

I just had someone from Virgin Media ring me up, and I went through the "Create New Email" process, and the process now worked up to the point when I attempted to supply/confirm a password - which, regardless of (valid) content was always rejected.

I refreshed the screen, and started again, and this time I am back to the "Updating..." window.

Whatever had been done worked slightly, but it has broken again!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@John_Gray wrote:

Tom

It seems to me from your reply that you think I am trying to create a new account "from scratch". 

I am trying to create a third secondary address to add to the previous two created about ten years ago.

But you said in your first post

"I am in the "Set up a new My Virgin Media account" webpage"

so it's not surprising that there has been confusion.

Do you currently have a Virgin Media broadband service? If so you already have a My Virgin Media account, which entitles you to create email accounts.  You can't have a My Virgin Media account without a broadband service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.