Menu
JohnLeech
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to authenticate to IMAP server following password change

Hello

Last weekend I changed the password on my email account.  I am able to log into my e-mails via the Virgin Media website and access them just fine.

However, I am now unable to access my e-mails on either Virgin Live Mail or on my mobile phone, as these are not accepting the new password (I can't remember what the old password was, which is why I changed it in the first place).  I am still able to access e-mails in Outlook, but only because I have not changed the password in this application, so it is still authenticating with the old password.

I checked the IMAP / SMTP settings online and think these are correct (screenshot below).  

JohnLeech_0-1610733067915.png

Both I and my wife have tried to contact Virgin Media Support on several occasions and they have not been very helpful, so hoping someone on this forum is able to assist.

Regards.

John

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to authenticate to IMAP server following password change

@JohnLeech wrote:

hoping someone on this forum is able to assist.

There are occasions where for some reason a password reset does not synchronise across the Virgin Media SMTP servers so possibly that is what you are seeing now.

If that is the case then resetting the password again, but this time resetting it to the same password you reset it to before usually forces a resync.

One thing to bear in mind though is that the VM system will temporarily block access to the account if there are too many unsuccessful log in attempts in too short a time. Therefore it would be wise to make sure you leave it a couple of hours before trying to log in again.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos