cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access webmail

shamick59
Dialled in

once again I am unable to access my emails via webmail on my iphone. Every link I try via my virgin media page says Forbidden

what can I do please

8 REPLIES 8

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @shamick59, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the email on your phone that you're having.
May I ask if this is through web mail or through an application (such as Outlook etc).
And what iPhone model is it? Is the software up to date on there? Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

unable to access emails via webmail on my iphone

hi

re my above question - to clarify

i am unable to access my ntlworld emails via all the links advised to use on my virgin media account as being safe and secure on my iPhone 11 Pro Max 

I just get message Forbidden

thanks in anticipation 

Hi shamick59, 

Thank for coming back to us and clarifying. 

The links to the email pages are working so I would suggest deleting the cache and cookies on the browser that you are using. Before reloading the website: mail.virginmedia.com - make sure you reboot your device too. 

Once you've done this, you should be able to log in to your mail account. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

just done all of this and still same result. Forbidden

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies again. 

Can I just get you to try and access the email from any other device apart from the phone and let me know if you get the same error please? 

Cheers,

Ryan. 

I cannot access webmail on any of my devices The only way I can get my emails is through outlook. I have logged into my virginmedia page where I can see my virgimedia account for my tv/broadband package, I follow the link to access my emails and get Forbidden I have used the link provided above - mail.virginmedia.com - log in go to quick links and get Forbidden

Hi shamick59,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with your Email, I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you. 

I'm going to take a closer look into this for you and possibly create an IT ticket to our backroom IT team can investigate. 

Before I can dive in though I'll just need to send you a PM to ask a few questions which I'll send now.

Speak to you soon.

Megan_L

Hi shamick59, 

Thanks for chatting to me in our PM, I was able to create an IT ticket for your Email issue. 
They have also asked if you could please do a virus scan on all devices that have had access to your Email and also try a password reset to something completely new and unique on your Email/Online Account. 

They do this as a precaution to seeing possible suspicious activity on the account such as spamming/hacking the Email. 

Please let me know when you have done this and if anything changes afterwards with your Email.

Thanks,

Megan_L