Menu
ghostlyease
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access virgin email

I got a message over a week ago saying my email account had been compromised, I had to reset my password and all was fine I could get into my emails, I tried to log in yesterday, I can get into my virgin media account, so can see my bills and other stuff, but when I try and get into my emails I get

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I did put a reply in the other thread and I have also called virgin who said they would send me an email, but they havnt. I have as yet had any help to solve this problem. 

Anybody from Virgin able to help m e, calling took 45 mins and they had no clue what they was talking about and then also failed to send me the email with the details that I needed. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access virgin email

Thanks for your post ghostlyease,

Sorry to see you're struggling to log into your Virgin E-Mail account, have you attempted to change the password on the account again or gone through the forgotten password route?

This is the usual work around to resolve this issue

Alternatively, if you check the service status checker, we will be able to advise if we're currently having issues with E-Mail accounts in your local area

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ghostlyease
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes David, I did that yesterday (change password) and still cant access the emails, I did also change them using the forgotten password method. im trying to access them through virgin media, I can see my account and my bills ect but when I try and click email I get the message above, I think my email account just needs to be unblocked. It was blocked as I was informed my account was used to send spam, possibly even though I have changed the password as advised it hasnt been unblocked? I do not use any 3rd party apps to view my virgin media emails only access through virgin media website on my laptop. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response to my post.

I can take a closer look at this for you, keep your eyes peeled for a PM from me, via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen

Kind regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ghostlyease
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So today I log in and my emails are working, as yet no explanation as to how. As much as im happy to view my email account again there has been no explanation as to why I was locked out and indeed how I was let back in again. At least if I knew if it happens again id be able to tell the people on the other end of 150 how to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Keeley,

Thanks for getting back to me and I'm pleased you can now view your E-Mails

According to the notes on the account the E-Mail address was locked due to spam E-Mails being sent from your E-Mail address and this is the reason the account was locked, were you advised that in your letter at all?

It would appear that if this happens again the agent who takes the call when you report this to us is requested to fill out a form to have this unlocked with the advise to then change the password on the account, which is what I've done for you.

Were you aware of any viruses that you computer or E-Mail address might have picked up? Or any E-Mail addresses that were sent any spam E-Mails?

David 

0 Kudos