cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access secondary e-mail account

claresteve2
Tuning in

So after 2 days of emails being down i now can't access my seconadary email account for over 10 days . I get the wrong username/password error however using the forgotten password option does not work due to insufficient info on my account error. After 9 attempts contacting support non have been able to resolve the issue as all they do is reset the password to the main account. Even when i explain what they are doing they still proceed to say it's fixed and it never is.

2nd line support have so far failed to even call me back and when i tried to make a complaint i got diverted back to 1st line and the drama continued.

Please someone tell me how i can change the email address password (that was never changed anyway) or to unlock the email address i've been using for over 20 years !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@claresteve2

It's a @ntlworld.com secondary email,

Thanks for coming back and confirming that. It was just a hunch re Blueyonder.

i have checked and the email address is still linked to the account however no where within the account section can you change the password on a secodary email.

VM have changed the way you reset the password for a secondary account. Now you need to sign into the MY Virgin Media Account for that secondary email address.

Try signing into the My Virgin Media Account for that secondary email address by entering that ntlworld address and what you think its password is here   https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

If you can access that you will find the edit password option for that ntlworld secondary account in the same place that the password reset option for your primary account is located in the MVM account for your primary address. I hope that makes sense.

Sadly, if you cannot access the My Virgin Media account for that Ntlworld secondary address then you are totally reliant on VM resetting it for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@claresteve2 wrote:

all they do is reset the password to the main account.

Is this an @blueyonder.co.uk address?  If so it may  be that it's an alias address to your main email account rather than a straight forward secondary email account. The reason I ask is that alias email addresses share their password with the main account.

If it is a Blueyonder address you should be able to check if it is an alias by signing into your primary My Virgin Media (MVM) account  https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  using your main email address and password.

Then click on the Update settings tab and then Account details. See if that email address is listed as an "Alternate email address" You may have to scroll down and click on the Manage other Virgin Media accounts to see that.  (The old MVM screens used to mark alias accounts but I am not sure where the latest iteration of the MVM shows them.)

If the problem email address is not a Blueyonder address it would be worth checking that Manage other Virgin Media accounts page to make sure that this email address address is still listed as a secondary email account.

It is just possible it is no longer linked to your main VM account for some reason and may have been deleted. At least if it is still listed you will know for sure that the email account is still live.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

It's a @ntlworld.com secondary email, i have checked and the email address is still linked to the account however no where within the account section can you change the password on a secodary email.

Still no return call from 2nd line support at present

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@claresteve2

It's a @ntlworld.com secondary email,

Thanks for coming back and confirming that. It was just a hunch re Blueyonder.

i have checked and the email address is still linked to the account however no where within the account section can you change the password on a secodary email.

VM have changed the way you reset the password for a secondary account. Now you need to sign into the MY Virgin Media Account for that secondary email address.

Try signing into the My Virgin Media Account for that secondary email address by entering that ntlworld address and what you think its password is here   https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

If you can access that you will find the edit password option for that ntlworld secondary account in the same place that the password reset option for your primary account is located in the MVM account for your primary address. I hope that makes sense.

Sadly, if you cannot access the My Virgin Media account for that Ntlworld secondary address then you are totally reliant on VM resetting it for you.

Coenoby

Hi, Thanks i have tried this and when i get the wrong user/pass error it's this "You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account"

All this started happening when the emails went down for both accounts for a rew days 😞

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@claresteve2 wrote:

i have tried this and when i get the wrong user/pass error it's this "You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account"

Sadly it would seem that you will need to get that password reset by VM themselves.

You can call VM by dialling 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111   or you can wait until a member of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) contacts you via this forum thread. That should be in a day or so.

Coenoby

Trying to chat with the facebook team but even they haven't showed up for the appointment ... cancellation seems the next option

Hi Claresteve2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with accessing your secondary account. We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Please can you help unlock the email adress which is the one i use the most

Thanks

Clare

Hi clareguy1, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're currently unable to access your secondary email address.  As it sounds as though you're unable to access the account, by following the advice by Graham_A, here, then I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R