cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access @ntlworld email account

TheRyanG
Joining in

My @ntlworld email address is inaccessible and I have no idea why.

I had received emails up until 19:01 last night and sent an email around 20:30, but ever since I haven't received anything. I can access my Virgin Media account and have changed the password and attempted to access my email account, but it has failed to log in on my PC and phone, both on LAN connection and 4G.

Any suggestions? This is my primary email address which I have had for 20+ years and I use it for everything! This is causing major issues.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I see that you had problems last year accessing your account which were presumably solved via a Private Message exchange.

You say that the email address concerned is your primary one so that will be the one you use to log into your My Virgin Media account.  Can you confirm that this email address is the one listed on the My Profile page under the Virginmedia Mail section?

It can take an hour or so the password change to percolate through all the relevant databases.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, account issues last year were solved via a private message.

The email address in question is my primary address - the one use to sign into My Virgin Media account - and is also the one listed on the My Profile page under the Virgin Media Mail section.

It has been over an hour now since changing the password and still no joy. My phone fails to sync with the account and my PC fails at the 'Login to server imap.virginmedia.com' stage 😐

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for clarifying that.  I will ask the Moderators to add this to the priority queue for a response from the VM Forum Team staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi TheRyanG,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your email account.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look into this for you.

Thanks

Beth

Beth