cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access ntlworld.com emails since yesterday - getting desperate!

cornetjo
On our wavelength

I have a VM account and I am the account holder. I can't get access to my ntlworld email account, either via my email app or directly via the internet.

I get a message to say "Your mailbox is not available at the moment".   I have tried using the Forgotten Password link to try and reset the password but when I answer the security questions, it the page just refreshes and asks for the same information.  After trying for a few times I then get error 400 bad request.  I have cleared cookies numerous times.

I have searched online for all suggestions of help, and tried them all.  But have run out of ideas of what to do next.

Please can a member of VM help?

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cornetjo wrote:

Please can a member of VM help?

I'm not a VM employee but while you are waiting the easiest way to reset your password (provided you are a VM broadband customer) is via your "My Virgin Media" account. See here:

Sign into your "My Virgin Media" account, that's the one were you can view your VM bills and package details) from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

• The MYA interface is being updated but at the moment, once you have signed in you need to click on "Account settings" then "Account details"
  • f the email address is your primary address it will show on that page and you can change the password from there. Click on Change to the right of password.
  • If it is a secondary address you will need to click on the "Manage accounts" and select it from the list.
  • Then click on View/Change to the right of the address
  • Then click on Change to the right of password.

Either way when you enter the new password set it to a completely new password that you have not used before and then enter it again to confirm it.

The standard advice is to wait 30 minutes before trying to access the email account with the new password.

Hope that helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cornetjo
Welcome back to the community! 
Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your emails at this time. 
Has the steps that @coenoby has kindly posted helped at all? Are you accessing the mailbox through a webmail or client? Does the same issue happen on other devices or other web browsers?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

cornetjo
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply.  I have just used Whatsapp messaging to resolve the problem with virginmedia.  They reset the password their end, but it took about 90 mins in total to do. 

Thanks for coming back to us @cornetjo and I'm glad that you have been able to get this issue resolved via our WhatsApp service.

Regards,

Steven_L