cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my virgin.net email account

antonioporto
Joining in

As suggested by the moderation team, I am creating my own post regarding this issue, so they can contact me with a solution. I have not had access to my account for over 24 hours now.

I get the following message when I try to log into my account:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Thank you for your help in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi antonioporto

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced accessing your email account, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community!

To look into this further I will need some more information from you, I will send you a Private Message for these details and look forward to hearing back from you to get this resolved.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks antonioporto, can you try accessing it again for me please?

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks, it is working now (although I often get a 'Page timeout' message, which goes away once I've refreshed the webpage). I have also changed my password.

Am I right in thinking that this email account could be deleted at any time? I have not had an account with Virgin for many years and I understand the virgin.net domain was passed on to TalkTalk some years ago, so the history is complicated. I have started migrating my contacts and updating log in details with a different email address. 

Thank you again and kind regards

Antonio

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@antonioporto 

You are correct that your access to the Virgin.net email address is on borrowed time if it isn't connected to a current VM broadband account.

However, the virgin.net domain is still controlled by Virgin Media.  Talk Talk have nothing to do with it.  The only thing that VM sold to Talk Talk was their ADSL national broadband service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey antonioporto,

As @Graham_A has advised,

In terms of the ADSL Talktalk migration, although the broadband services were migrated to TalkTalk the email addresses remained with Virgin Media and TalkTalk did not take over these. 

Our email service is a value added service and customers must have an active Broadband account with us in order to receive the email service. If the services are disconnected the email address will be disconnected within 90 days. In the case of the TalkTalk migration the email address did remain active for up to 12 months. 

Sometimes an email address may remain active after the above time frames, which is known as an orphaned email account. In some instances we are able to transfer the orphaned email account to an active Broadband account however certain criteria need to be met before we can do this. These are;

• The email address in question must be active
  • The disconnected account and active broadband account must have the same account holder
  • It must be the account holder who contacts us
  • Full DPA must be passed on both accounts

Kind regards

Beth

Beth