cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my Virgin Email account (blueyonder.co.uk suffix)

graemethompson
Tuning in

I'm getting an error that says 'Sorry!, Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour......'

It has been this way since first thing this morning. Live chat service was next to useless and I can still access the My Virgin Media account service.

The Virgin Media Twitter feed suggested logging the issue with the community instead of providing technical support.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing to do is to change the password for the account concerned via your My Virgin Media account.

In most cases this causes the email account to be unlocked.  You may need to wait 15 mins for the change to take effect.

If you are still getting the mailbox unavailable message after doing this post back here and the VM Forum Team should respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing to do is to change the password for the account concerned via your My Virgin Media account.

In most cases this causes the email account to be unlocked.  You may need to wait 15 mins for the change to take effect.

If you are still getting the mailbox unavailable message after doing this post back here and the VM Forum Team should respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the suggestion.

I reset the overall account password and was able to finally access the email account and general Virgin Media account late last night. Still no suggestion as to why it was locked out / preventing access.

Hi @graemethompson thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am delighted to hear that you're able to access your emails again.  For future reference, you may also wish to try deleting your browsing history and cache, or alternatively trying a different browser.  You'd be surprised how often that works.

Lee_R