cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my Blueyonder emails on laptop

AnneElkington
Joining in

Hello,  I have been unable to access my Blueyonder emails on my laptop for the past 2 weeks (usual sign in is via ......  mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite )   I receive a message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment" !!

I can access my emails on my Ipad and my Iphone but NOT on my laptop.

Can someone please help ?

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AnneElkington,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're currently unable to access your Blueyonder email account through your laptop.

Is the email we're discussing linked to the active cable account? If so, please do a password reset to something new, unique never used before. Please also do malware scans on all your devices. Then leave it 30 minutes before attempting to access the mailbox.

You can use the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/login-problems

If you are not an active Virgin Media customer who holds a broadband account with us, then your email address will end. It normally ends 90 days after your broadband contract ends, however sometimes they can take a while to be deactivated.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for your response to my query.

We moved house 3 weeks ago and had to cancel our Virgin Media TV/Broadband package due to Virgin not being available in our new location (Anglesey, North Wales) ..... I have had my Blueyonder email address for many, many years (in fact Virgin took over Blueyonder years ago) .... are you NOW telling me I will no longer be able to access my Blueyonder emails at all after 90 days !!!!

If so, no one mentioned this when we cancelled our Virgin Broadband (and its not our fault that Virgin are not at our new location).

HELP !!

Hi @AnneElkington,

Thank you for coming back to us about your email issue. We understand that this must be frustrating and I do apologise that you were not advised about this. 

However, as the email accounts provided by Virgin Media are the property of the company, we are able to close down access if you're no longer a paying customer. You can read more about our recommendations as what to do after you call up to cancel on our Cancellation page

Have you been able to follow my colleagues suggestion to reset your password in order to gain access to your mailbox again? If you have, we would recommend setting up a new mailbox and creating a forwarding system so you can receive any important emails you need.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs