cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access my Blueyonder email account since a week Thursday

Dwpbill1
Joining in

I have been notified that I need to change my blueyonder email address as someone has been trying to access it.  I cant get access to the account via the virgin portal.  It keeps coming up with 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have rang up, last Saturday to report the issue and told it was open known fault and had a fix time of a week.  I know I have some urgent emails building up there and want to know when it will be fixed.

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dwpbill1 

Have you changed the password as advised in the message you received?

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No Graham I havent been able to because I get that message each attempt. I cant sign in to Virgin email at all which is because the blueyonder and NTL email servers are not working properly, apparently. I was told they would take a week to fix and that was a week ago.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should not be getting that message when signing into your My Virgin Media account, that message only occurs on the VM webmail page.

Provided that you have a current Virgin Media broadband account you need to sign in here: https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

with your primary username and password and follow the instructions I previously posted.

Edit to add: you have been given duff information by whoever you spoke to.  Their is no current fault with the blueyonder and Ntlworld email servers, or the Virginmedia ones for that matter.  They are actually all the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dwpbill1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the email issue. I will be happy to see what I can do via PM 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dwpbill1

Thanks for joining me on PM

Just to update the thread, the email mailbox was activated and everything now sorted.

If you do need further assistance, please pop us a public post and we can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill