cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access manage accounts section on my profile, also some email accounts not working

bettysands
Tuning in

Hi

I am able to login to virgin website fine but every time I try to access the 'manage accounts' section in my profile it keeps saying oops this page is broken etc... I was able to access this yesterday morning but can't anymore.

I want to gain access to this section so as I can update my other email accounts etc. Also I am unable to login to webmail on a few of my other virgin email accounts as it states this mailbox is not available at the moment. I can login with my main account but not some of my other ones.

Please advise

69 REPLIES 69

It would be interesting to know if everyone affected by this problem used to be with NTL.

BTW I don't use any ntlworld.com email addresses any more, mine have all been virginmedia.com for several years.

Hi @aleighen

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I am going to drop you a private message to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

aleighen_0-1651943187363.png

Good Morning @alighen, can you confirm if you've been able to receive the aforementioned private message over the course of the weekend?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes, I replied on Saturday.

I am an ex-blueyonder customer - and still using blueyonder.co.uk email addresses.

When I access the "Manage other Accounts" page I see a correct list of email addresses that I set up, but the email addresses are no longer hyperlinks that used to enable me to manage the account - i.e. reset the email address password.  The only option now is to delete the account altogether or add a new account.  This definitely used to work and access to this page was much simpler.  Has anyone found a fix yet?  It's clearly a problem for a number of users and ongoing for some considerable time. 

Yes, I see that they have made some changes - thanks for letting us know via this forum, as no one has update me from virginmedia!

As you say, can now see what accounts exist but can can only delete, not manage from that page.

I also see elsewhere on the web-site it tells us;

"Please note, Virgin Media no longer offers the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses. Customers with an existing Virgin Media email address will not be affected; their mail account will remain as is."

The only problem is, there does not appear to be a way to find out what email addresses actually do already exist associated with this  primary account.  Possibly there is a convoluted way to do it by logging in to each 'associated' account separately, but very inconvenient if you are trying to manage a family's mailboxes from the main account....

Definitely big steps backwards for the usability and convenience of this service provider.

That's interesting - I am able to log in to the primary account on the webmail page and view emails but cannot access the secondary email addresses, of which I have six.  I just get a "Whoops - something went wrong" message - as if that's supposed to help.  I can access those accounts using a 3rd party email application like outlook.  Hugely frustrating as if I (or my kids etc) forget their email account password it's impossible to reset it.  Bizarre.

Hi there @PeterMorris, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues accessing your secondary email on the website. Can you please try clearing the cookies and cache as well as trying another browser to see if this makes any difference?

If not, can you also please post the URL you are using for this so we can assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules