cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access manage accounts section on my profile, also some email accounts not working

bettysands
Tuning in

Hi

I am able to login to virgin website fine but every time I try to access the 'manage accounts' section in my profile it keeps saying oops this page is broken etc... I was able to access this yesterday morning but can't anymore.

I want to gain access to this section so as I can update my other email accounts etc. Also I am unable to login to webmail on a few of my other virgin email accounts as it states this mailbox is not available at the moment. I can login with my main account but not some of my other ones.

Please advise

69 REPLIES 69

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bettysands wrote:

every time I try to access the 'manage accounts' section in my profile it keeps saying oops this page is broken etc..

I suspect that this will need to be actioned by the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum).

However, to preempt the question they are almost bound to ask I would suggest that you check whether that error is being caused by a corrupt cookie in your browser.

You can check that by accessing the VM website using a private window in your browser. They all use different names for it but the key thing is that they open the website without using any cookies stored on the browser itself.

Try one of the following as appropriate : Chrome - "Incognito" ,     Firefox  - "Private window" ,  Edge "InPrivate" ,  Safari - "Private Browsing", Opera - "Private Mode" etc.

If you find the website works in that "Private / incognito etc" mode you know there is an issue with one of the cookies in your browser. The long term solution for that is to delete VM cookies from your browser. A quick internet search will tell you how to do that for your browser.

If that "private window"  test does not solve the problem just post back and if necessary it can be escalated to the VM Forum Team.

"Also I am unable to login to webmail on a few of my other virgin email accounts as it states this mailbox is not available at the moment. I can login with my main account but not some of my other ones."

As a work around while your My Virgin Media account is having issues, you could try resetting the password on those (presumably) secondary accounts  by using this link https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password 

Enter the email address you want to access and follow the prompts to reset the password for that email account to a completely new password. Leave it at least 15 minutes and try to login into the account. That often unlocks the account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @bettysands,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry you are unable to manage your account settings.

Are you trying to log into your email accounts from an old non active media account? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi the email accounts are all active they were working fine up until a few days ago. I have also tried resetting passwords and still the email account is not accessible. 

I can login to webmail etc with my main account fine just cant access the manage account section on the website. I have tried accessing incognito mode and on another pc to access the manage account section and still comes up with the page error. Thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bettysands wrote:

I have tried accessing incognito mode and on another pc to access the manage account section and still comes up with the page error.

Thanks for coming back with that - it does suggest there is a technical issue with your VM account rather than just a "cookie" issue with your browser. Hopefully   @Hayley_S or another member of the forum team can arrange to get that looked at for you. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @bettysands.

I will be happy to take a further look into this for you but we would need to confirm a few details and get you through account security to be able to do this.

I will drop a private message over, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

2 months now and still not sorted, please advise

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing, bettysands,

I can see from the prior post we have replied and sent you a private message. I'll get that sent to you again.

Cheers,

Corey C

Is there a fix for this, as I have been having this exact issue for over two months.

Every time I get through on chat, I waste an hour or so explaining the problem only to get told I need the technical team!

No one from Virgin media gets back to me, I have even raised a complaint and still no one replies.

Surely this is a 10 minute fix from someone in the technical department.

Can anyone help?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @aleighen,

Welcome back, thanks for commenting.

I am sorry that you are also having this issue.

Can you please tell me exactly what is happening? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide