cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access email to ntlworld.com. Message states ‘cannot get mail’

SallyL1
Tuning in

Error message states imap.ntlworld.com is not responding. Verify that you have entered correct account info in mail settings..I have checked and details should be ok. I have also reset my password but still unable to receive emails to ntlworld. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WelshGasman
Superfast

Happening to lots of people.

Here is my boilerplate reply for this.

Your account will have been locked or disabled more than likely.
They will send you an email about it, but as you have had the account locked/disabled, you obviously will not receive it?

The other week it was locked for suspicious activity.
The following week it was disabled, and later on in the week it was neither, but required a password change.

You will need to call Virgin and get hold of Email support to get it unlocked or enabled.

I suspect they will be pretty busy due to all these accounts being locked/disabled regularly, so you might wait a while, but you do need to speak to a human being.

There is a sticky about this as the first thread, that does state you can do it from your account, by changing the password?

If you do call Virgin, apparently you have to wait 10 mins to access your mail?, I waited 20 and still not working.? Login and try changing the password yourself.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Edit:
I think there might be three states of email issues here.?

1. Account is locked. Need to call Virgin to get it unlocked. At the same time, it seems the password needs to be changed.

2. Account is disabled. Need to call Virgin to get it enabled. No need for any password change.

3. Account is neither locked or disabled, but requires password change.? The sticky appears to work only for case 3?

Lucky me has gone through all three states in the last two weeks. 🙂

HTH

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

WelshGasman
Superfast

Happening to lots of people.

Here is my boilerplate reply for this.

Your account will have been locked or disabled more than likely.
They will send you an email about it, but as you have had the account locked/disabled, you obviously will not receive it?

The other week it was locked for suspicious activity.
The following week it was disabled, and later on in the week it was neither, but required a password change.

You will need to call Virgin and get hold of Email support to get it unlocked or enabled.

I suspect they will be pretty busy due to all these accounts being locked/disabled regularly, so you might wait a while, but you do need to speak to a human being.

There is a sticky about this as the first thread, that does state you can do it from your account, by changing the password?

If you do call Virgin, apparently you have to wait 10 mins to access your mail?, I waited 20 and still not working.? Login and try changing the password yourself.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Edit:
I think there might be three states of email issues here.?

1. Account is locked. Need to call Virgin to get it unlocked. At the same time, it seems the password needs to be changed.

2. Account is disabled. Need to call Virgin to get it enabled. No need for any password change.

3. Account is neither locked or disabled, but requires password change.? The sticky appears to work only for case 3?

Lucky me has gone through all three states in the last two weeks. 🙂

HTH

VM have said there is an issue affecting a number of users - even though their service status does not acknowledge this  - we have to guess when they fix it

What!, they are actually admitting to that?

I think that was just to get you off the phone. 🙂

Been on the phone twice dialling 150 this morning. Virgin reset my password at their end 3 times and didn’t work. I was asked to clear browser history but still no joy. They wanted me to sign into ntlworld via myvirginmedia website. Did this 4 times but didn’t work. They have now passed me to 2nd level to await a call. However, approximately an hour after this went into iPhone email and the ntlworld worked with me putting in the admin reset password they provided! Looks like may be working now! Spooky 

Thanks for the update @SallyL1, can you confirm if you've been able to access the E-Mail account via our web mail function?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

if you mean via the My Virgin Media then email tab then yes I can. Thanks 

Thanks SallyL1,

In that case, your mailbox should be active and running normally from our end.

Are you able to try removing your account from the client and re adding it back again?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

The email account ntlworld.com appears to be working from my end if it’s working for Virgin’s end then problem is solved. If you would like me to try something else as per your message you will need to put this in laymen’s terms as I don’t understand what you require me to do. Many thanks Sally

Hi @SallyL1,

I'm glad to hear that this is now working and you're up and running again. Apologies for the inconvenience all of this has caused for you.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!