cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access email on the web

mopezone
Joining in

When I try to access my email via the Virginmedia web page I get the following message:

"Connection error

The service is not available right now - Retry"

When I click Retry the same message appears again.

At the bottom of what is otherwise a blank page, there is the phrase "Rev65"

NB I can access my email through Outlook, and on my mobile phone, just not via the Virgin website - but I need this access because I am trying to find some older messages.

Any advice?  

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mopezone  That error message shows all the symptoms of a corrupt cookie or browser cache entry.

If you open a private window/ Incognito window (the name varies across different browsers) you should be able to open the webmail page.

If this works then clear the browser cache and delete cookies relating to Virgin media mail.

Alternatively use a different browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm having exactly the same issue as many VM customers are having.

Yes, I have followed the guidance about resetting passwords to something totally different and waiting 30 minutes, ok, 8 hours or something like that, and, yes, you guessed it.  No joy.

I spotted someone saying that using a "private" window would resolve the issue, and yes it does.

BUT WHY SHOULD WE, AS PAYING CUSTOMERS HAVE TO?

ANSWERS PLEASE VM

And a resolution to the issue would be nice.

It's weird, as today, all seems to be sorted.

Hi wilber_force

Thank you for the update and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you 

Gareth_L