cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access email - Forbidden

dhale12
Joining in

Hi, I accessed my email then was kicked out and the message prevented me getting access and suggested a password reset. I have updated the password but still cannot access and receive the message ' forbidden' back. Please help 

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dhale12 wrote:

still cannot access and receive the message ' forbidden' back. Please help 

It is often a bit of an enigma whenever anyone posts that they are getting the  "Forbidden" error message. I have just checked again through a number of similar threads that have appeared on this forum over the last year or so. Strangely, most of them just peter out without any explanation of how, or indeed if, they were eventually resolved.

Your post back in November 2021 is a good example of that. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-access-email-403-Forbidden-Error 

Presumably you eventually resolved it on that occasion and it would be interesting to know how.

Did the link ( here )  that Forum Team member Robert_P posted help at all?

I suspect that there may be a number of possible causes for that error but it is always  worth:

If either of those allows you to access the account that means there is a corrupt VM cookie in the browser you are using. You can resolve that by deleting the VM cookies in your browser and it will pick up a new version of the cookie when you next sign into your VM account in a normal browser window. I know that has resolved the "Forbidden" error for some people but not everyone.

If neither of those resolves the problem it means that your account will need attention from VM. One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will pick up this thread and contact you via the forum in the next day or so.

If / when the problem is resolved it would be great if you could post back with some details on that. It will help others who get the same problem in future.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for that, really helpful. My previous post was resolved by VM. Using your advice I had already reset the password I then cleared and deleted all cookies. Then tried to log back in. It worked so all good for now at least thanks.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dhale12 wrote:

My previous post was resolved by VM. Using your advice I had already reset the password I then cleared and deleted all cookies. Then tried to log back in. It worked so all good for now at least thanks.

Glad to hear that you got it sorted and thanks for that update.

Clearing the cookies often does resolve the problem, but not always!  Often it needs attention from VM . That's why I said I think there may well be a number of different issues that can result in that "Forbidden" message.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @dhale12

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you had with your account. 

I can see this has now been resolved.

Thank you for the update, please do pop back to us if you have any further concerns. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide