cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access blueyonder emails

Patkvl
Joining in

Unable to access blueyonder emails on laptop but no problem access emails on iPhone. Login not recognising username or password message appears. 

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Patkvl wrote:

Unable to access blueyonder emails on laptop but no problem access emails on iPhone. Login not recognising username or password message appears

Two questions to give some context if I may:

1) How are accessing your emails from your laptop, via the via the Virgin Media webmail service on their website or using an email client such as Microsoft Outlook?

2) Do you still have a Virgin Media Broadband account?

I'll give you my first thought. 😉

If you are getting that error message from the VM website when you try to log it to the email account and you don't have a VM broadband account then the answer is that VM are deleting your Blueyonder email account. (According to their T&C's, 90 days after a broadband account is closed VM should delete any email accounts linked to it)

The first sign an account is being deleted is that you lose access to the webmail account. However, it often seems to take VM a little longer to close down the SMTP/IMAP/POP3 server access which is how the email app on you iPhone is accessing your account.

If I am right you will soon lose access via your phone.  Therefore you need to take action now to make sure you save any information you need from the email account (your contacts for example) and set up a new email account with a non ISP email provider.

I honestly hope your answers to my 2 questions will prove my fears are unfounded.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Patkvl,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having this issue with your email services. Is this ongoing today? If so, I can see that @coenoby has asked some questions to help us get a better understanding of what's happening here. Please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!