Menu
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access Emails

Yes, my husband is the main account holder and myself and sons have additional email addresses attached to the account. As mentioned earlier, we can all still access ours, but my husbands just comes up with a box saying your account is not available at this moment and to try again in an hour and to make sure he's using the correct password -
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

And it is the wording of the error message that is absolutely key to diagnosing this issue and getting it fixed.

"a box saying your account is not available at this moment and to try again in an hour and to make sure he's using the correct password"-

I only wish we could have seen it sooner.  It is absolutely essential when dealing with issues like this to be explicit about the error message. It reveals so much - even when it looks like it doesn't and can be paraphrased.  OK lecture over and now let's get to a solution.

The message always indicates that something is amiss with VM's back end servers that manage your husbands account. You can't fix it. Only VM's IT department can do that. We need to get them involved. Work is needed on the back-end servers..

I am going to refer this thread back to the VM Forum Team for them to get VM IT involved. Stand-by this thread because they will need some details which they will ask for in this thread but via private message. These details are personal to you and MUST NOT be posted on a public forum. They will include your husband's e-mail address (not unexpected) and other information (as I understand VM's workings)

Nothing can happen on this until tomorrow. 

@ModTeam  - and I have to ask why first line support on the phone didn't spot that a reference to second line support was needed? This is not an uncommon issue. 

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Forbesy04 wrote:
Yes, my husband is the main account holder and myself and sons have additional email addresses attached to the account. As mentioned earlier, we can all still access ours, but my husbands just comes up with a box saying your account is not available at this moment and to try again in an hour and to make sure he's using the correct password -

This thread is getting hard to follow as you are not quoting the posts to which your replies are aimed at.

As far as I can glean from the responses so far your husband has the primary username and can successfully access the My Profile and Manage Accounts pages.  He has changed the password for the primary account and all the additional accounts.  The additional account holders can successfully access their email accounts via VM webmail (and via an email client?) but your husband still cannot access the primary email account via webmail or via an email client.

If I have understood this correctly then there is clearly something odd going on.

Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that my replies / answers are all over the place - I’m doing this on my phone so it’s not very simple. 

Will be better when I’m back on the laptop tomorrow ! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Forbesy04 wrote:

Sorry that my replies / answers are all over the place - I’m doing this on my phone so it’s not very simple. 

Will be better when I’m back on the laptop tomorrow ! 

The quote option should still be there on the phone view of the forum.  It is something that I campaigned for a year or so ago and a change was made to allow it.

Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Forbesy04,

Have you been able to log in since posting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No - just tried and still unable to login
The box is still coming up saying Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks, and to confirm, are you active Virgin Media customers, and the email in question is on that account?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes we are VM customers and yes the email is on that account

My husband can access the My Virgin Media pages with all his account info using his VM email address, he just cant login to the emails
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks,

I'll pop you a quick PM so I can get some further details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos