Menu
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access Emails

Hi,

I feel I have exhausted all of my options and I don't know where to turn next, so I'm hoping I may get some help from this forum ...

About 6 days ago, I received notification from VM advising me that my emails had been compromised and over a hundred emails had been sent from my account. 

I logged into My VM account and changed my password, however, each time I have attempted to log in, a box come up saying I am unable to access my mailbox and to call the customer service team.

I have done this (about 4 times now) and each time I have been advised the matter has been resolved (my account had locked out due to several incorrect login attempts, even though I was using the password it had been changed to either by myself or the agent). 

I visited my local VM shop, as I end up speaking to agents in the Phillipines who aren't being the best of help, and they referred me back to the 150 number! Yet again I tried to retrieve my email account to no avail!!

I again went back to the store and even though they were reluctant to help me, I pretty much begged for their help and they put me in touch with a customer service agent in Scotland who assured me my account had been unlocked and the password had been changed. I was also advised not to log on straight away, but to leave it a couple of hours before trying. This I did and still the box comes up stating I am unable to access my mailbox at this time.

I have all my work emails on this account as well as travel information etc for forthcoming flights and I am DESPERATE for this situation to be resolved. I am now unable to respond to clients which is affecting my business ..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can somebody help me??

My wife and sons have VM email accounts and they access theirs the same way as I used to access mine - theirs are fine, but mine isn't! 

I'm desperate for help .....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to access Emails

Hi Foresy04,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having these issues with your email, and I can appreciate you're keen to get this resolved.

I just need a bit of clarification please - 

Are you able to access the account via your Virgin Media online account?

Are you able to access it via a web client eg. outlook?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like you are using VM webmail on a browser.

Have you tried a different browser, or clearing your history of VM cache and cookies?  That sometimes helps to clear out stale data that may be causing your problem.  Let us know if that works or not.  Others will have some more advice if it doesn't.

Best wishes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for replying ....

My husband and I aren’t the best computer minded people in the world, so I’ll try and answer your questions as best I can ..

We always access our emails via our laptop (Apple Mac), iPhones or iPads ... I’m guessing that’s through Safari?? 

Anyway, when on the laptop, we go into www.virginmedia.com and click on the ‘email’ icon and log in that way. When on our iPads or iPhones, we click on the blue mail icon and access our emails that way. Myself and our sons can still do it this way, my husbands just says his mailbox isn’t available and to try again in an hour ..

I don’t know whether the account has locked out due to too many attempts to login or what, but it’s really frustrating that so far nobody can help and it’s taken 6 days so far 😩

clearing the cache - I’ve done that on the laptop and it’s still the same problem 😩

0 Kudos
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry if I sound dumb here - what does you mean by trying to open it in a different browser? 

We all use the same - why would my husbands need to be any different? 

I did warn you were not very techno literate 🤪

0 Kudos
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry if I’ve confused you even more - I’m now the wife trying to explain on my husbands behalf as he’s totally lost himself now :/ 

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Please don't worry - we'll get this sorted.  Technical knowledge not necessary!

Sometimes when I'm signing on via a browser (yes Safari is a browser) - a big white screen shows up and says mailbox not available come back later (blah, blah, blah).

I usually try ignoring it and clicking the little word EMAIL in the top right corner and my email folders open without any problem!  I don't have an exact picture of the screen, but I think this is similar:

email link.PNG

Can you give that a try? 

Is the husband the main/primary account holder?  Can he log into the billing portion of the website?  Or if you are the primary account, can you log into the billing?

(p.s. you should probably remove the HELPFUL ANSWER mark from my earlier post - that makes it look like we've solved the problem and we haven't.  Just go back to that post and change the marking.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This may or may not be helpful, but here goes anyway:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Does your husband's email address appear either under My Profile or Manage Accounts?

Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I’m on my phone so it’s not easy to navigate around the boxes 🤪 ... I’ve no idea what I’m clicking, but regardless of that. All answers are helpful so far and at better than what we’ve achieved in the last few days! 

My husband is the main account holder and can acces My Virgin Media absolutely fine and all the sections it it like manage accounts etc ...

0 Kudos
Forbesy04
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've tried your suggestion and it's not worked Smiley Sad
0 Kudos