cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Email

Jencoug
Tuning in

I am having the same issues as this user. I have logged a call with Virgin last night, I have tried all the steps as suggested in the thread without success - can you please advise.

Kind Regards

J

9 REPLIES 9

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jencoug

Sorry to hear of the problems accessing your email account, we understand how frustrating this can be and appreciate you raising this with us via the forums. Welcome to the community.

What error message do you get when trying to access the email account? Have you tried changing the password for the email account?

Rob

Good Evening,

I get the following response after I have updated my password:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/call costs. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

When I try and update my settings on my mobile or ipad it says:

No password provided for "blueyonder.co.uk" Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jencoug,

Thank you for getting back to us about your email issue. Thank you for letting us know what the error you're receiving is.

Would you be able to see if you're able to reset your password by clicking on the "Forgotten Password and Username" option? Once you're able to reset your password, please change it to something completely new and never used before. Then wait at least 10 minutes before trying to access your mailbox again.

Please let us know how you get on. If you're still having issues, please let us know, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you if necessary. 🙂

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, I've done all that several times as per my previous messages.

thanks for clarifying.

Can you please confirm if your email account is linked to an active account with us? If the email account is linked to a former account, the email account would then be deleted on or after 90 days of the account disconnection as per our T&Cs.

Regards

Beth

Beth

Apologies, I never saw the response.

Yes, I’ve an active email account. Despite me changing my password and an online advisor allegedly re-setting it too, the emails are still downloading to Microsoft Outlook on a laptop without changing the password on there! I’ve still had no joy, I can’t access them online or using my iPad or iPhone. Virgin have been useless - I was supposed to receive a call from a manager at 7:30pm tonight & yet again they haven’t rung me or offered any help. The woman I spoke to earlier today wanted to raise a 3rd ticket for it in almost 4 weeks & Im thoroughly hacked off

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jencoug wrote:

Apologies, I never saw the response.

Yes, I’ve an active email account. Despite me changing my password and an online advisor allegedly re-setting it too, the emails are still downloading to Microsoft Outlook on a laptop without changing the password on there! I’ve still had no joy, I can’t access them online or using my iPad or iPhone. Virgin have been useless - I was supposed to receive a call from a manager at 7:30pm tonight & yet again they haven’t rung me or offered any help. The woman I spoke to earlier today wanted to raise a 3rd ticket for it in almost 4 weeks & Im thoroughly hacked off

They mean an active broadband account, you must have one for your email to remain active 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Yes, I''ve an active Broadband/TV/Phone account with Virgin - its never changed in the last 11 years! I also didn't get a call back from the manager as promised at 19:30 last night nor has anyone contacted me today.

Hi @Jencoug thanks for getting back to us

I am sorry the email access issue is ongoing,  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R