cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Email

hcoffield
On our wavelength

I have been getting the message 'mailbox is not available' since about 2pm this afternoon - before then I didn't appear to have a problem.

Would appreciate any help, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can change the password via the Forgotten password link on the webmail sign in page or via your My Virgin Media account using the following steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Once you have changed the password wait for 15 minutes before signing into VM webmail again.  If this gets you back into your email account then you will need to use the new password in iPad email client.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hcoffield,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your email!

We're more than happy to look into this for you. 

Would you be able to go through the Forgotten Password option and reset your password?

This should reset your password and allow you access to your account. Please choose a new password to input and be aware that this can take up to 10 minutes to take action.

Please let me know if this has helped you gain access to your account, and if you need any further help.

Thanks 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hcoffield
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

When I try to open my emails on my laptop from the virgin media. com webpage, I get a message on screen saying -

Your mailbox is unavailable at the moment

Please try again in 1 hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2..........

It then goes on about costs etc.

When I try to access emails from my iPad, I get a message saying 'Cannot get Mail' - no password provided for "blueyonder.co.uk" Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a Password.

When I do this, the only option I have is to delete the password that is there and retype it (I know it is correct) I cannot see any option anywhere to reset the password.

I am using POP 3 and IMAP settings and admit I know very little about email settings and how to change them, so I do apologise..

I also apologise for the length of this reply 😞 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can change the password via the Forgotten password link on the webmail sign in page or via your My Virgin Media account using the following steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Once you have changed the password wait for 15 minutes before signing into VM webmail again.  If this gets you back into your email account then you will need to use the new password in iPad email client.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Very sorry to hear this didn't help resolve the issue @hcoffield

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into things for you and get this resolved. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

hcoffield
On our wavelength

Thank you Sofia_B I have replied with information requested

Hi Graham,

Thank you so much. I followed your (very clear) instructions, and have access to my email again 😀

Hi Sofia,

I have access again, thank you

Hi hcoffield, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us to let us know things are sorted after you followed Grahams advice. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs